Ok, so stupid question here, but I'm new to BB and was unable to find anything about this via search.

I'm wondering if there is a way to cancel a message before it is sent from the Storm, after the send button is pressed. On all the 'dumbphones' I had previously, there has been many a time when I hit send right as I realize I made a typo or something and am able to quickly hit the end button to cancel it. I noticed this doesn't seem to work on the Storm.

Is there any secret way of doing this, or does the message just go out so fast there's no way to stop it?
    12-20-08 03:37 PM
    Nope, there is no canceling a message. As of now.
    12-20-08 03:55 PM
    Oh well. Looks like my friends are gonna be getting a lot more idiotic messages from me for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 05:19 PM
    Drunk texting eh?
    12-20-08 05:20 PM
    haha, I hope they can introduce that for e-mail and SMS. gotta stop takin my phone out with me when I'm ****faced
    12-20-08 05:20 PM
    LOL - many a message I wish I could have back! Sorry - nothing yet. Don't even know if an application can do this or not.
    12-20-08 05:36 PM
    someone should make an anti-drunk texting/e-mailing application like what gmail labs has. prob make quite a bit of money with it
    12-20-08 05:57 PM
    I would love to hear the story behind this post. Please share!
    12-20-08 05:57 PM
    12-20-08 06:18 PM
    Hahaha ok it definitely would be good to take back messages you regret sending as soon as you hit the button, but I wasn't talking about drunk texting; so unfortunately there's no embarrassing story behind this one.

The real deal actually might involve a problem with the storm, or maybe I just have clumsy fingers; I was sending a picture message earlier and in the middle of typing a text to go along with it, my phone froze and started sending the message! I swear I didn't hit the BB button so I don't know how that happened. Point is, once the message began sending it didn't stop the process no matter how many times I hit END.

Sorry there's not a more interesting story there.
    12-20-08 11:17 PM
    BB is a fire and forget weapon. Can't recall it once fired

However imagine how many jobs could have been saved if they had that feature. I will admit- i have hit reply to all and it should have been replied- OOPS!
    12-20-08 11:24 PM
    Do I detect an accidental "reply all"? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 11:40 PM
    BB is a fire and forget weapon. Can't recall it once fired

However imagine how many jobs could have been saved if they had that feature. I will admit- i have hit reply to all and it should have been replied- OOPS!
    "A fire and forget weapon" haha I'll keep that in mind.

I wouldn't consider my old LG Voyager a weapon of ANY type, but the Storm is a whole different beast.

I figured out the problem I was having before was due to my somehow making the keyboard disappear while typing in landscape mode; then clicking the screen thinking I'm still typing my message when I'm actually clicking "SEND".

Has anyone else had this problem?
    12-21-08 06:42 PM
    MAN! This so applies to me. I was just asking that question. It's the exact reason I signed up for the forums, lol. Thanks for asking.
    04-12-09 02:44 PM
    Maybe proactively proof-reading before hitting the send button? Seems to work for me when I'm concerned about sending something mistake-laden. Just a thought.

If it's just a simple mesasge to friends I couldn't care less how many typos are in it... so long as the general point of the text is understood.
    04-12-09 03:08 PM
    i ususally write most of my messages in the memo pad anyway, then copy and paste into messages. especially if its long...even my crackberry posts i do when mobile i do the same thing...sorta makes me think twice about what i want to say...and i don't sms really, all I.M. and email, some PIN messaging...etc...
    04-12-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD