Hey Everyone - my GF and I just got new Storms from Verizon. When I use it to text SMS I want to be able to hold it in Portrait, have the Multitap Display (like the old phones) but enable SureType Predictive methodology. Just like my old RAZR with iTap. I have really large hands and this is the easiest way for me to text.

My Storm worked this way the first 3 days and now no longer does even though I have confirmed that in Options the Keyboard display is Multitap. My GF's Storm still does work in SureType with the Multitap display in Portrait even though it appears to have the same options selected. Verizon tech support was no help. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and TGIF!!!

TMac
    04-24-09 07:17 PM
    Battery Pull. If you didnt change anything, and you are positive that the settings are correct, and I bet you are still on .75, the phone probably just glitched out.

Take the battery out, put it back in, and try.

Also, may want to upgrade your OS eventually if you are still on .75, to something more stable. Just a suggestion!

Welcome to CB!
    04-24-09 07:20 PM
    Agree time for an update .132 rocks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 08:19 PM
    Battery Pull. If you didnt change anything, and you are positive that the settings are correct, and I bet you are still on .75, the phone probably just glitched out.

Take the battery out, put it back in, and try.

Also, may want to upgrade your OS eventually if you are still on .75, to something more stable. Just a suggestion!

Welcome to CB!
    .75 was the MOST stable OS in my opinion. Slow as ****, but uber stable...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:24 PM
    Hey Everyone - my GF and I just got new Storms from Verizon. When I use it to text SMS I want to be able to hold it in Portrait, have the Multitap Display (like the old phones) but enable SureType Predictive methodology. Just like my old RAZR with iTap. I have really large hands and this is the easiest way for me to text.

My Storm worked this way the first 3 days and now no longer does even though I have confirmed that in Options the Keyboard display is Multitap. My GF's Storm still does work in SureType with the Multitap display in Portrait even though it appears to have the same options selected. Verizon tech support was no help. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and TGIF!!!

TMac
    That's how I use the phone the majority of the time as well. A couple of days ago I accidentally got rid of that keyboard but found this thread that explains how to get it back. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sur...p-keys-144792/

Check out jnorchanian's response. They tell you step by step how to get it back.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

-Liv
    04-24-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD