Does anyone know if you can permanently leave your phone in portrait mode? Lots of time when I'm laying down texting, my phone automatically switches to landscape and that urks the s*** out of me... Is there and override button to prevent this? Suggestions please...
    02-08-09 10:55 PM
    No.........
    02-08-09 10:59 PM
    Nope, not yet.
    02-08-09 11:00 PM
    Will it most likely be addressed in the update or is this not a big deal to most people?
    02-08-09 11:02 PM
    Will it most likely be addressed in the update or is this not a big deal to most people?
    A lot of people, myself included, have the same complaint re: using it while laying down. Once the app store goes live it may show up as a 3rd party app if it's not included in an OS update by then. The video player for example locks the screen into landscape so it's doable.
    02-08-09 11:05 PM
    i think the most common issue regarding this is that people would like it to stick in portrait when an incoming call is received.

I agree with that...the rest, it's nice to have it switch back and forth depending on what i want to do
    02-08-09 11:07 PM
    A lot of people, myself included, have the same complaint re: using it while laying down. Once the app store goes live it may show up as a 3rd party app if it's not included in an OS update by then. The video player for example locks the screen into landscape so it's doable.
    i have used it laying down as well (texting, browsing)...if you just position the phone so the earpiece is down (depending on which side you lay on) it will stay in landscape.
    02-08-09 11:09 PM
    i have used it laying down as well (texting, browsing)...if you just position the phone so the earpiece is down (depending on which side you lay on) it will stay in landscape.
    Well see sometimes I want it to stay in portrait for whatever reason, and that's where the real struggle comes in. lol I hold it sort of at an angle and have to be careful or it'll switch on me.
    02-08-09 11:14 PM
    I am still struggling with finding the right positioning of my phone while laying down.. ha.
    02-08-09 11:17 PM
    Yeah, holding the phone at an angle seems to work for now but I find that aggravating.... hopefully that will be addressed soon..
    02-08-09 11:17 PM
    Well see sometimes I want it to stay in portrait for whatever reason, and that's where the real struggle comes in. lol I hold it sort of at an angle and have to be careful or it'll switch on me.
    LOL, yeah...I feel your pain.

that's how i came up with that. It works for me.

I know a few people have asked for the option to lock it in a position. I guess it would come in handy at times.
    02-08-09 11:59 PM
    I HATE LANDSCAPE WITH THE BURNING INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND SUNS

I sincerely hope they add this feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by apoc90; 02-09-09 at 04:21 AM. Reason: i meant landscape.
    02-09-09 01:34 AM
    would be handy if they sorted it, I hate the landscape mode
    02-09-09 02:49 AM
    What do you guys hate about landscape mode?

James
    02-09-09 07:52 AM
    I have no issues with how it works now. Whats so bad about getting an incoming call in landscape? I can still read what the screen says.
    02-09-09 08:05 AM
    Maybe I drive too fast, but sometimes when I am holding the phone in one hand, not looking at it of course, and turn, it goes from portrait to landscape. It seems very touchy.
    02-09-09 08:28 AM
    I'm a former pearl user, so I prefer the condensed type keyboard with the sure type buttons...
    02-09-09 10:33 AM
    I hope they are listening to all the complaints here and on their support forum. I would settle for phone locked to portrait mode, but giving the ability to toggle between would be awesome.

02-09-09 10:53 AM
    I think that happens to everyone's Storm. I say that it can really be annoying at times, but not so much so that it would be the first bug, or glitch I would fix... There are many more things that should be addressed before they fix that, unless of course it is a really easy fix. I wouldn't know.

I would much rather have my phone switch to landscape mode when i set it down then have some funky locking software that makes me unlock before I can switch on the fly. I really like the Landscape mode, and the freedom I have to move between the two without having to wait or unlock anything.
    02-09-09 10:58 AM
    Does anyone know if there has been an 'override' button or some feature where the individual user has the sole option to decide on whether or not they prefer landscape or portrait mode addressed in one of the unofficial os??
    02-10-09 01:04 PM
    I HATE LANDSCAPE WITH THE BURNING INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND SUNS

I sincerely hope they add this feature

My feelings exactly. If they can lock it for the media player, why not all the time? I have a program that turns my backlight on when I receive a text...it can't be hard to write an app to disable landscape.
    02-10-09 01:20 PM
    My feelings exactly. If they can lock it for the media player, why not all the time? I have a program that turns my backlight on when I receive a text...it can't be hard to write an app to disable landscape.
    my thoughts exactly
    02-10-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD