Ok...all you crackerheads.....

I need a solution. I have a love/hate relationship with this phone. Most times i love to hate it....what i want to do is lock the sucker in portrait mode with a keybord app that has a full keyboard in portrait mode as well.

Ive been told to upgrade to 4.7.0.90...but i run a mac and everytime im told how to upgrade on a PC from work a 747 does a flyby over my head. Nobody can give me any kind of simple answer on how to do it....so

IS THERE any keyboard software out there for the storm using a full qwerty in portrait mode?
    05-20-09 04:10 PM
    Upgrade. I use it in portrait mode full qwerty and I like it better. So no there isn't any software for it other than upgrading your os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:16 PM
    is there anywhere a step by step instructions on how to upgrade...ive never ever used a PC....and would SOOOO...love to do this
    05-20-09 04:21 PM

I need a solution. I have a love/hate relationship with this phone. Most times i love to hate it....what i want to do is lock the sucker in portrait mode with a keybord app that has a full keyboard in portrait mode as well.

Ive been told to upgrade to 4.7.0.90...but i run a mac and everytime im told how to upgrade on a PC from work a 747 does a flyby over my head. Nobody can give me any kind of simple answer on how to do it....so

IS THERE any keyboard software out there for the storm using a full qwerty in portrait mode?
    I maybe wrong, but on my storm you could go to options screen/keyboard and there was a setting for that....suretype or full qwerty...
    05-20-09 04:26 PM
    I maybe wrong, but on my storm you could go to options screen/keyboard and there was a setting for that....suretype or full qwerty...
    Prior to OS 4.7.0.090 there was no full qwerty in portrait. Up grade is the only way to go I'm afraid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 05:13 PM

Simple.
    1) Find a friend with a PC
    2) Upgrade (Don't you even dare ask how to do it, use the f****ing search)
    3) Buy StopTilt to 'lock' the screen orientation
    4) Say "that was easy!" a la Staples
    05-20-09 05:20 PM
    I did the upgrade on my storm, you'll need to go through setup wizard, the qwerty keyboard is there in portrait mode
    06-02-09 10:23 AM
    to get the upgrade , select options, advanced options, wireless update.....if it says you need to free up memory, do a soft reset by removing the battery with phone powed on
    06-02-09 10:26 AM

Just upgrade OTA.

1) Options
    2) Advanced Options
    3) Wireless Update
    4) Next
    5) Check for Update

...and like someone rudely said, you can download StopTilt or Storm Rotation Wizard to lock it in portrait with the new OS.
    06-02-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD