View Poll Results: Do you still have your first Storm?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, still have my original one!

247 76.95%
  • Nope, had to change it once

39 12.15%
  • Had to change it more than once!

21 6.54%
  • Changed it more than three times!!

14 4.36%
    Was just curious to see who has their original Storm.... I thought I was going to have to trade mine in, but the issue resolved (freezing), so I still have the same phone I got back in March (I think).
    10-02-09 05:18 PM
    I've had my Storm since Christmas and it's still working smooth. Although it's been through a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 05:21 PM
    Not I, but my GF does... We got ours on the BOGO. I'm on number 5 since February.

10-02-09 05:26 PM
    Still rocking a Day 1 Novemeber 08 Storm and it is in near perfect condition. I don't know what everyone's issues are but mine has been a rock.
    10-02-09 05:27 PM
    1st in line to get one for my daughter...got one for myself...have both originals from Nov....must say Motorola Sholes looking impressive!!
    10-02-09 05:28 PM
    I wish I had my Christmas one still but the screen broke

10-02-09 05:30 PM
    #5 in line on day 1. Still working great.
    10-02-09 05:30 PM
    Still have mine from Nov. But may have to get warranty. I have a white spot in the center of the screen where the pivot point is. Very annoying. Also have a burn spot just above the earpiece. Too bad because this has been a rock solid unit

10-02-09 05:33 PM
    Had mine since launch
    10-02-09 05:43 PM
    Tough to vote since we're a 3-Storm family.

Anyway, I have my original Storm but I've only had it since June. My wife and son got theirs last December. Son still has his original but the wife is on her third (first died unexpectedly, second was an insurance claim as it wound up with a cracked screen after a drop onto a ceramic floor).
    10-02-09 05:44 PM
    day 1 still smooth
    10-02-09 05:44 PM
    Had mine about 2 months and its working fine. Girlfriend is in #4 in less than a month.

10-02-09 05:45 PM
    Been a Storm user since February '09 and I'm still on my first one. Considered getting a warranty replacement several times but I'm just emotionally too attached to my Storm...

I have some dust under the screen but I can live with it. Screen doesn't click too well in the corners (even after business card fix) but I rarely have to click the corners anyway so I can live with that.

I thought I was picky but I guess not...
    10-02-09 05:51 PM
    Had mine since day 1, its been a great phone. No problems here other than a little dust behind the screen.

Going to see if I can get a replacement because of the dust. Getting S2 and going to sell the replacement.

10-02-09 05:53 PM
    Still on my first storm since the release last christmas.. Had issues but nothing a clean wipe and a fresh os couldn't fix. Its gettin a little beat up but that's what a new storm 2 is for!! ..(Hopefully late Oct.)

10-02-09 06:12 PM
    I've been a storm user for s little over 2 weeks and I'm on number 3

10-02-09 06:39 PM
    I got mine. Never had any problems with it!

10-02-09 06:58 PM
    I've had mine since the end of last year, never had to replace it. Any problem that I've had, I've been able to fix using the forums.

I also got 4 others for other people in our company and they all have their original ones. I think what has prevented any of us from returning ours was the dime trick!
    10-02-09 07:07 PM
    Still rockin my original storm - since June. Never had the problems I saw from others - I actually thought I had the ONLY phone with no flaws for a long time (from reading posts by other owners) LOL! Since then I have played with hybrids that have given me more use out of it - I'm extremely happy with this phone!!
    10-02-09 07:18 PM
    What's the dime trick?

10-02-09 07:59 PM
    What's the dime trick?

I had the same question.

I've had my Storm since May, and it's been quite reliable. MUCH more reliable than my HTC Touch I had beforehand.
    10-02-09 08:06 PM
    I'm on my second since March this year
    10-02-09 08:07 PM
    I haven't had ny problems with mine. Only hAd it since july. The one Problem. The I did have minor. I was so happy to have it I begin dl a lot of. TheMes and slowed it wAy down. But sincE. Then I deleted them And now it runs PerfEctly

10-02-09 08:08 PM
    Wife and I are both on our first Storm since March 09. Absolutely no issues to date and all is well!
    10-02-09 08:09 PM
    What's the dime trick?

It's a screen fix like the business card trick. Except for me, and 3 other people, it works better.

You put a dime in the battery compartment, kinda where the logo would be on the back cover. Put the cover back on, and the screen works sooooo much better. More responsive, easier to click.
    10-02-09 08:16 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD