View Poll Results: Are you experiencing Random Reboots when using your Storm?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - Memory Cleaning ENABLED

6 42.86%
  • No - Memory Cleaning DISABLED

6 42.86%
  • Yes - Memory Cleaning ENABLED

2 14.29%
  • Yes - Memory Cleaning DISABLED

0 0%
    Over the months I've read where people are unhappy with their Storm due to random reboots. One potential culprit I see as a cause is with Memory Cleaning ENABLED (Options->Security Options->Memory Cleaning). I had this turned on when I first received my phone, had lots of problems. I turned it off for months and maybe once in 5 months I've had that experience. Just on a whim I ENABLED the memory cleaning recently (now with .148) and problem with phone rebooting when a call was received.

I thought I'd set up a poll to see if this is perhaps a common cause or not. Would like to see if people are able to run Memory Cleaning without issues or if that's the main cause of the random reboots. It seems like a great option so just guessing many have this ENABLED as it seems like the right thing to do.
    07-05-09 08:08 AM
    Enabled and only one random reboot in 4 months. Always used official os .75>.148

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 08:14 AM
    Enabled and only one random reboot in 4 months. Always used official os .75>.148

I'm on official .148 as well. So far (with the limited poll results) doesn't appear to be common symptom, must be something even deeper into applications as well. Perhaps related to other apps that also try to clean memory and encounter a conflict - dunno but as soon as I disabled Memory Cleaning my reboot problem went away again.
    07-05-09 06:18 PM
    I read a post a while back on this issue and it had a few settings to switch around in the phone. Once I followed what that thread said my phone hasn't random reset in forever it seems.

07-05-09 06:37 PM
    Enabled and no reboots.
    07-05-09 06:40 PM
    So far the interesting stat has been that only 16% of users are experiencing random reboots, and both of those have Memory Cleaning enabled - really small sample so nothing to really derive useful stat. I'll have to Enable my Memory Cleaning again and see if it starts to act up once again.
    07-05-09 08:28 PM
    Owning a Storm

IMHO i think its the hardware i never had a random reboot or freeze with any OS past .99.
    07-05-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD