Just got this email from PocketMac Support Team:

Thank you for contacting us at PocketMac Support. PocketMac and RIM
    (Research In Motion) now have a revised USB Driver and it's available to the
    public.

We'll provide you with a direct download like to the USB Driver in a moment.

Please download this specific USB Driver if either of the following applies
    to you in your operating environment:

*You have a New Aluminum MacBook and/or
    *You have a BlackBerry Storm 9530

Please do the following to prepare your computer and BlackBerry for this
    driver update.

1. Quit all open applications on your Macintosh please.

2. Disconnect your BlackBerry Device if it's connected.

3. Download the driver update here:

http://www.pocketmac.net/public/DriverUpdate.3.1.1.dmg

4. After the download has completed, please locate DriverUpdate.3.1.1.dmg.

5. Open the .dmg, then open the updater icon. You will be prompted for your
    password.

6. Please enter your password, then install the driver to the "MacintoshHD"
    destination. This takes just a few seconds.

7. After the install has completed, you will be prompted to restart your
    Macintosh, please restart.

8. After the restart has completed, please launch PocketMac SyncManager
    (green circular icon). Plug-in your BlackBerry handheld.

9. Click the green sync button within PocketMac SyncManager, one time. This
    will begin the synchronization session.

Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions or reply to this message if
    you need additional assistance. Thank you very much and Happy Holidays from
    all of us at PocketMac.

Adrian
    --
    PocketMac� Technical Support Manager
    PocketMac� -- Unique Sync Solutions for Mac & Windows | Call Toll Free 1-866-POCK-MAC
    PocketMac Support Site
    "BlackBerry Handhelds -- not just for Windows any more..."

I downloaded the driver and connected my Storm did a sync and it worked THE VERY FIRST TIME!!
    11-26-08 02:22 PM
    Ditto but now it won't work with the $40 Missing Sync program I had to buy a couple days ago :-(
    11-26-08 02:50 PM
    bump

This is big news - sticky???
    11-26-08 03:10 PM
    I've followed these exact instructions and I get this ridiculous "skipping error" every single time. I'm not to impressed with the Storm so far and now I can't even use this PocketMac. Any ideas?
    11-27-08 01:17 AM
    I've followed these exact instructions and I get this ridiculous "skipping error" every single time. I'm not to impressed with the Storm so far and now I can't even use this PocketMac. Any ideas?
    Ok, can you tell me EXACTLY what the error says? I might be able to help but i need more info. do you have anything other than contacts, calendar and tasks set to sync?
    11-27-08 05:23 AM
    Hi, I would love help with this. I downloaded the new driver also and then did a restart.

Followed the above directions but get this error message:

[02:18:31.829] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

I may consider uninstalling pocketmac and then re-installing it.

Thanks so much!
    11-27-08 01:21 PM
    I uninstalled and re-installed...still can't get mine to work. ugh. spent 3 hours on it yesterday
    11-27-08 04:09 PM
    Hi, I would love help with this. I downloaded the new driver also and then did a restart.

Followed the above directions but get this error message:

[02:18:31.829] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

I may consider uninstalling pocketmac and then re-installing it.

Thanks so much!
    that's the exact message i get.
    11-27-08 06:04 PM
    missingsync seems to be working for me, but i'm only syncing my contacts...
    11-27-08 06:09 PM
    rthogmartin, great post. I did the same and also used SyncClean (Found in Home Folder => Library => Application Support => Pocket Sync Manager => Additional Tools) Clean Sync Services and Pocket Mac files. My Storm works great with PocketMac
    11-27-08 06:18 PM
    I tried deleting the old drivers, and then installing the update. I have used syncclean, and I have tried uninstalling Pocketmac and reinstalling it over and over again. Nothing works, in fact now when i plug in my storm and then start pocketsync it starts going and then the program shuts down and I get the Mac Error window wanting to know if I want to report it. Has anyone else experienced this or have an ideas about what to do next? I still have no contacts synced with my phone.
    11-28-08 10:34 AM
    I've been having problems again. I was able to get PocketSync to work....sorta. It sync'd about 75% of my contacts, but not all the info I had on them. ie...maybe just the email address, or maybe just one phone #. It didn't bring any music or photos over at all. I love the phone, just wish I could get it to be buddies with my Mac!! lol
    11-28-08 10:50 AM
    I had to follow the response here to get mine to work:

htt p://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/mes sage?board.id=blackberryformac &thread.id=173&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

Take the spaces out. The post by TMO8320 about half way down seemed to work. I had the program not even loading...

Hope it works for you too. Works great now.
    11-28-08 11:59 AM
    Hi, I also had a terrible time and received error 1 skipping messages, despite uninstalling and reinstalling the new version and related downloads. I finally found a mention somewhere that removing the battery, waiting 45 seconds, and then reinstalling the battery would work. In my case, it did finally help to recognize the device, however, the sync hung up at the final stages. I ended up canceling the sync, at which point it warned me that not everything may have synced. At this point, I have not found any problems with my address book or icalendar. Am now loving it! Good luck everyone!
    11-28-08 08:05 PM
    I got the same email from PocketMac today. I tried going to the page the link points to and got a "page cannont be found" error. Did they pull the page? Or am I just so clueless that I can't even navigate to a website correctly. haha
    11-28-08 09:07 PM
    Search for a thread where i posted a solution to this issue back when the same thing was goin on with the Curve. i did those steps and it worked.
    11-28-08 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD