Today I dropped my storm.
    Scratch at de lower part next to the mic.
    I figure it has landed there... hard...

Ever since, the storm works, but the screen mostly doesn't. It barely clicks.
    I tried all suggestions I giess from the tricks and tips threads, but nothing seems to help.

When I press on the position where the sticker-fix is, I can hear a switch softly clicking on the inside. The top right and lower left corner of the screen work more or less OK, but the center and other corners don't.
    When i then insert the battery, the screen stopt clicking.

When I slam it gently flat on a surface, it screen seems to get loosened and works. but only just!
    When I press in the center a very little to hard, all stops again.

I then took a torx 6 and fiddled with the two torx screws a bit, but the looser I make them, the less the screen tends to click.

Help!
    Last edited by paQ; 11-04-09 at 12:42 PM.
    11-04-09 12:15 PM
    do you have insurance on it? Of so call up Verizon. 50 dollars will get a refurbished one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:31 PM
    no insurance.
    And I'm on Vodafone NL
    11-04-09 12:42 PM
    do you have insurance on it? Of so call up Verizon. 50 dollars will get a refurbished one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you don't call verizon, you call asurion.

for the torx screws, you don't want to loosen them too much. the way I do it (and have success with 15-20 phones) is to tighten the screws just to snug, then loosen them about 1/4 turn. Some phones are a little finicky, though, so you may have to loosen just a tad more... but usually no more than an additional 1/4 turn (for a total of 1/2 turn from snug).
    11-04-09 12:58 PM
    keep in mind the phone did make quite a drop on concrete...
    I never experienced click probs before...
    11-04-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD