I just got my Storm yesterday and noticed this. I had Verizon several years ago. Had old Samsung flip phone that did this. I got it to stop, but don't remember how. Thought it was message notification in the actual voicemail system, but not sure.
    02-18-09 07:01 AM
    There must be a way, I'm with Telus and my phone has never received a text when I get a voicemail so must be in the options?
    02-18-09 07:25 AM
    Are there options in Voice Mail? I don't think there are options on the phone that I have seen.
    02-18-09 07:36 AM
    I get a text every time I get a voice mail, that is something I would like to get rid of as well. My phone already tells me there is a new message with the voice mail symbol and a number next to it. I don't need to get a text, that I will just end up deleting anyways. I could understand if the text had who called in it, and a number to reach them at, but it doesn't it just says something to the effect of "you have a new voice mail!"

It just creates too much overhead. It must be able to be turned off.
    02-18-09 07:49 AM
    I don't believe the system is actually sending you a "text", as no other standard Verizon phone recieves a text when you get a vmail. I am assuming this is a setting within the programming of blackberry's to just alert you that way.
    02-18-09 08:04 AM
    Just what I need..to be alerted 2 times. And if I hadn't separated sms from email, I would get emailed too. Overkill.
    02-18-09 08:07 AM
    all blackberry's do this, and the text actually does say who called, and what their number is. also from the text if you hit menu, it will be setup to call your voicemail from there.
    02-18-09 08:09 AM
    Can ya turn it off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:15 AM
    Ya it is needless, I dont care if I am notified that I have a message because I never listen to them anyway
    02-18-09 08:51 AM
    NO it can not be turned off!
    02-18-09 09:00 AM
    I know this has been covered before but MAN this is the ONE annoying thing that irks the crap out of me. I try to keep a clean BB, meaning no lights blinking unless I have a new message, my email andd v/m is checked I don't need to have to go to my SMS icon and clean it out every couple hours.

I can NOT believe this is something RIM will not allow to be shut off. If anyone has a work-around or a rational reason why I need a v/m icon, a missed call icon, and an SMS icon for every v/m I get please enlighten me.
    02-18-09 09:06 AM
    What's an urgent voicemail?
    02-18-09 09:07 AM
    I have been trying as well, I can't seem to figure out a way to turn off the Txt msg notification.
    02-18-09 09:17 AM
    I don't get a text...just a notification

02-18-09 09:22 AM
    Does your "notification" say 1 new voicemail. Dial *86 and show up under SMS and MMS?
    02-18-09 10:45 AM
    the worst part about it is, when you hang up after calling your voice mail, if you don't do anything to the message that is in there you get messaged again for the exact same message!
    02-18-09 10:52 AM
    UPDATE......

Good news
    This can be fixed.

Bad news
    I don't know how.

Went into store and asked about this "feature". He said just turn it off in the actual voicemail menu like I suspected from previous Verizon phone.

Problem is we both went through our voicemail on speakerphone and he has an option under "personal options" that I do not and that is where you turn it off. He is going to check with upper level Tech support and get back to me. Thinks it has to do with different voicemail servers. Makes sense.

So, for those of you that have that option under personal options, you should be good to go. Damn!!!!
    02-18-09 04:28 PM
    Ya it is needless, I dont care if I am notified that I have a message because I never listen to them anyway
    I don't listen to them either. You can do what I did, have Verizon disable voice mail and no problem.
    02-18-09 04:57 PM
    UPDATE......

Good news
    This can be fixed.

Bad news
    I don't know how.

Went into store and asked about this "feature". He said just turn it off in the actual voicemail menu like I suspected from previous Verizon phone.

Problem is we both went through our voicemail on speakerphone and he has an option under "personal options" that I do not and that is where you turn it off. He is going to check with upper level Tech support and get back to me. Thinks it has to do with different voicemail servers. Makes sense.

So, for those of you that have that option under personal options, you should be good to go. Damn!!!!
    Well I went into my personal options and the only thing it gives me the option to turn off is message waiting indicator. Which, in my years of working in cellular, means that I'll get no indication at all that I have a VM

02-18-09 05:02 PM
    I think this is what you are all looking for:

Hit the green call button
    Then BBmenu
    Select Options
    Pick Call Logging
    Choose None

This will remove the annoying email/text icon that you get when you have a voicemail. However, you will still have the little phone icon thing that tells you to check your voicemail. Hope this helps
    02-18-09 05:10 PM
    you bought a blackberry and are worried about notifications and voice mails? sorry wrong phone! lol!
    02-18-09 05:11 PM
    I think this is what you are all looking for:

Hit the green call button
    Then BBmenu
    Select Options
    Pick Call Logging
    Choose None

This will remove the annoying email/text icon that you get when you have a voicemail. However, you will still have the little phone icon thing that tells you to check your voicemail. Hope this helps
    I tried to do this and it was already set to none. And I still get that stupid notification. Ah well I guess it can't be turned off.

02-18-09 06:24 PM
    you bought a blackberry and are worried about notifications and voice mails? sorry wrong phone! lol!
    Thanks for your input man. Very enlightening.

02-18-09 06:26 PM
    all blackberry's do this, and the text actually does say who called, and what their number is. also from the text if you hit menu, it will be setup to call your voicemail from there.
    The text messages I get do not show what phone number the VM is from.

At least it would be somewhat informational that way.
    02-18-09 06:48 PM
    The text messages I get do not show what phone number the VM is from.

At least it would be somewhat informational that way.
    Mine do not show the caller either

02-18-09 07:56 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD