Hi Guys,

Before you guys say anything.. Yes I have searched the different forums here.. I have tried some of the steps to make it happen but at this point... Can someone please help me?

To make a long story short, I had a blackberry Tour. The OS on it was pretty much going bad and I had no choice but to change the phone to a blackberry Storm.

Is not a new phone but is in great conditions and is working just fine.
    The only problem I am having is that under Setup, it only shows the Setup Wizard and Set Up Bluetooth. I don't have the Email setting option.

I made sure to check if it was hiding and is not and just to reassure myself, I went under Options>Applications and checked it there, and nothing..

I have to set up my emails from my home pc (BIS) in order for me to even get anything. Then I have to turn around and call Verizon so that they can push it from their end because that�s the only way that I will have my emails coming in there separate envelops because if not, then everything will be combined under the message envelop.

I have tried everything that I can possibly think of.

Master Reset
    Reinstalling OS 5.0.0.328
    Blackberry Desktop Manager
    Register Host Routing Tables
    Battery Pull

And nothing has worked. What gets me very upset is that I have called verizon and I also went to the store and from the 30 something people I have talked to this past weekend at least 2 of them have told me that �is just the phone, you just have to replace it� and that rite there is enough to get me going.. Not especially after reading you guys forums and realizing that I not the only one with this issue.

But I have tried to do everything I could ( I don�t know what else to do) maybe is a combination of Verizon and I lack of knowledge but please help.

I also checked my Tour to see if the Email setting App is part of the �Core� application and is not. So there has to be a way to get this back???

Thank you for your time�
    12-28-10 07:48 AM
    Did you make sure that you had verizon release the tours pin and add the storms pin then push the books? That's the only thing that's coming to mind from reading this. Then the other question would be did you try reloading the os on the tour to see if that helped your issue on that phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:04 AM
    Did you make sure that you had verizon release the tours pin and add the storms pin then push the books? That's the only thing that's coming to mind from reading this. Then the other question would be did you try reloading the os on the tour to see if that helped your issue on that phone?

Yes Verizon did confirm that I am under the new pin now. I also tried to reload the OS ( just everything that I had...) it but it gave me an error at first then I fixed the issue and did it again.. and that did not add the Email Setting App..

I am so frustrated...
    12-28-10 08:10 AM
    I'm not sure if this will help or not. Maybe if you go to Verizon's BIS site and do the e-mail setup there. Then reboot your phone and maybe the e-mail icons will get pushed to your phone.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    12-28-10 09:15 AM
    I'm not sure if this will help or not. Maybe if you go to Verizon's BIS site and do the e-mail setup there. Then reboot your phone and maybe the e-mail icons will get pushed to your phone.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    Yes I did that already and I do have my emails separated as they should be but (I need to be able to add the Email Setting App back to the phone)

Thats my main problem
    12-28-10 11:23 AM
    Hi,

I wanted to give you guys an update:

I am not sure how this happened but today under Options>Applications> Add-on

The Email Setup Application is now showing up.

This is very strange because even though is there I can't find it anywhere on my phone and believe me none of my applications are hiding. I don't understand why this is happening.. Maybe is some kind of leak issue..

But since is there now, is there a way for me to find it? I have looked in all of my folders and made sure none of them were "hiding" anything...

Thanks
    01-02-11 09:38 AM
    An earlier poster asked if you had released the Tour pin and pushed the Service Books to your Storm. You answered the pin question but not the Service Books question. Have you re-sent your Service Books? You can do that from the Verizon BIS page. The button is found under Help. Have you re-registered your Host Routing Table? Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Register Now.

When you've done these two actions, along with releasing your pin which have already done, you have done everything a user can do. If that doesn't solve the problem, the problem is on Verizon's end. Reinstalling the OS won't help.
    01-02-11 09:45 AM
    An earlier poster asked if you had released the Tour pin and pushed the Service Books to your Storm. You answered the pin question but not the Service Books question. Have you re-sent your Service Books? You can do that from the Verizon BIS page. The button is found under Help. Have you re-registered your Host Routing Table? Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Register Now.

When you've done these two actions, along with releasing your pin which have already done, you have done everything a user can do. If that doesn't solve the problem, the problem is on Verizon's end. Reinstalling the OS won't help.
    Thank you Jeff...
    On my original post I also mentioned that I did register Register Host Routing Tables and not only did I re-sent the service books from the BIS site but just to make sure I had verizon do it from their end as well.

Sorry for any confusion
    01-02-11 04:00 PM
    Thank you Jeff...
    On my original post I also mentioned that I did register Register Host Routing Tables and not only did I re-sent the service books from the BIS site but just to make sure I had verizon do it from their end as well.

Sorry for any confusion

One more thing... Because of Registering the Host Routing Tables
    and resending the service books, I am already receiving my emails. I am available to send and receive. However the "Email Setting App" in the beginning of this issue was completely gone. I checked everything including options>applications so on and so on... and today I decided to remove some applications because of the leak of the memory for the apps... and all of a sudden "Email Settings App" shows up under options>applications

However, I can't get to it.. and I am not "hiding" anything.....

This is so strange and confusing to me....

Once again,

Thank you.... If you can think of something I am alllllll over it...
    01-02-11 04:11 PM
    I have an Email Setup Wizard in Settings, but I don't use it. Instead I set up my email on the Verizon BIS site, just like you did. I can't explain why you don't have the wizard, but I don't think you are missing any functionality because of it.
    01-02-11 05:33 PM
    I have an Email Setup Wizard in Settings, but I don't use it. Instead I set up my email on the Verizon BIS site, just like you did. I can't explain why you don't have the wizard, but I don't think you are missing any functionality because of it.
    Yes I do have setup wizard also... but under the setup folder there should be 3 diff apps..

1. Setup Wizard
    2. Email Settings
    3. Set Up Bluetooth

2. Email Settings is the one that you can use if you want to edit your email account without having to go to the BIS site...

This is the app that I was also missing and then all of a sudden appeared... and is now under Option>Applications>Add On and yet even though is there, I can't seem to find it anywhere on the phone...

I need to be able to get to it. I just think that is very inconvenient having to do it from the BIS site... thats just my opinion..

On the other hand... I also think that this OS 5.0.0.328 is not stable... I am pretty sure this is whats causing this issue..

Any idea?

I mean I pretty much cover everything I can possible can think of.

Any other suggestions... ???

Thanks
    01-02-11 06:22 PM
    We're talking about the same function. I called it the Email Setup Wizard in my post, but it is correctly called Email Settings and is one of three apps in the Setup folder. I don't know why you don't have it, but there's nothing you can do with it that you can't do just as easily with the BIS site. I wouldn't worry about it until a new OS comes along. Even then, I'm not sure installing a new OS would help.

01-02-11 06:35 PM
    We're talking about the same function. I called it the Email Setup Wizard in my post, but it is correctly called Email Settings and is one of three apps in the Setup folder. I don't know why you don't have it, but there's nothing you can do with it that you can't do just as easily with the BIS site. I wouldn't worry about it until a new OS comes along. Even then, I'm not sure installing a new OS would help.

Yikesssss

ok.. Well I hope the upgrade to a new OS fixes those leaks within the Mem application space... because that is also another thing thats starting to annoy me. It will show 27.0 blah blah blah MB available and then I would come back to it later and I am down to 10 MB
    01-02-11 06:43 PM
    Your memory issue could be due to the OS, but it is just as likely due to an application. Does the OS recover the lost memory, or does the free amount continue to decrease until the device reboots?

01-02-11 06:50 PM
    Your memory issue could be due to the OS, but it is just as likely due to an application. Does the OS recover the lost memory, or does the free amount continue to decrease until the device reboots?

hmmmm when I reboot it seems to free up the memory...
    To be honest i don't know if it recovers it or what the issue is.. (I don't know how to tell the difference)
    01-02-11 06:53 PM
    Yes, rebooting will recover the memory. The OS tries to recover memory itself. If it can't, because of a poorly written app, for example, your device will eventually run out of free memory and reboot on its on. If that's not happening, then the OS is recovering the memory as it should. Unfortunately the only way to identify a misbehaving app is by removing apps one at a time, until you find the one that's causing the problem. If you have many apps, that's a time consuming process. If the problem just started occurring, and you just installed a new app or theme, that would be the first one to remove.

01-02-11 06:59 PM
    I see yeah when I got this phone everything was restore to the manufactures settings and rite now I don't even have a handful of apps yet. I only have two under 3rd party. Is really hard to tell

01-02-11 07:11 PM
    Remember, themes are just special purpose apps and can cause memory problems too. If you only have two 3rd party apps, try deleting them one at a time and see if you find the problem. If you do, then you can make an informed decision whether the app is worth keeping.

01-02-11 07:20 PM
    Yes I will try it. FYI I'm not Into themes I currently have 0 other than what the phone came with. I will. Give you an update sometime tomorrow. I will start one buy one and take it from there.
    Thanks

01-02-11 07:27 PM
    Hi Jeff

So I went ahead and deleted some apps that I was totally not interested in having anyways they were actually games.. and my memory yesterday maintained itself at 27.1 MB Free.. The entire DAY!!! no leaks or anything like that..

But this morning I was checking it out.. and it went down to 4.7 MB so I rebooted my phone of course and it went back to 27.1 MB

BLEH!!!!! I don't even know at this point..
    01-04-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD