I purchased my Storm from Best Buy on 11/22 the minute UPS showed up with it! After reading these threads I am led to believe that I may very well be the only one who has a "perfect" storm. I mean I have NO clicking issues, the acceleromater has Zero problems, and it never rebooted. I haven't had to do any battery pulls, nor have I seen the SIM card rejected on my screen! The touch screen isn't new to me being a previous Palm user but I still have zero problems. It hasn't frozen during video camera or regular camera. I would really like to know if I am the only one on the forums or period that has a perfectly performing storm? My made on date was 071108 so I'm lead to believe I have an "earlier" phone but that should technically make it worse right? Can anyone give me some theory to this? I've been using it ALL day for the browser and bb messanger mostly and it still has 65% battery. I'd love to hear some of your opinions.... -Jay
    11-27-08 08:53 PM
    I have had mine for 2 days no problems. I love it.
    11-27-08 08:55 PM
    I'm glad to hear it! I had a Curve previously and I tried to help the girlfriend adjust to it the other night and didn't even remember how to use it! Anyone else very happy?? I've had it a week and I'm still in love, the only thing I don't like is Opera Mini, but that is my own fault and nothing to do with RIM.
    11-27-08 08:58 PM
    same, mine seems perfect
    I've had very little problems with mine. The only problems I've really had is the storm being a bit slow sometimes (example: I'll go to answer a call with the green physical button and it takes a 3 or 4 seconds for the phone to connect the call).
    Hmm well that would really be a problem for me lol. I am very very critical of anything "new" that I buy and I'd go crazy if it takes 3-4 seconds for the phone to connect. When I answer I just click answer and I speak with the phone up to my ear so I couldn't tell ya what the screen does but no one ever says anything like I didn't hear you say hello or whatever... Oh and my brother in-law has the Storm and has so many problems. We did a side by side of sorts and his lagged 4 or 5 seconds in everything mine didn't.. Definetly not trying to brag but I compared his to mine and the date of birth is a day behind mine and both made in Canada... I am wondering what happend between those days or did the people complaining just get a pissed of RIM employee working on their phone?
    11-27-08 09:07 PM
    Jay: I've not had any problems with my Storm and I love it. While there do appear to be some folks who have gotten bad units, I'm betting that a majority of the complaints you're reading about are user error.
    11-27-08 09:08 PM
    You are not alone Obie-Wan
    11-27-08 09:23 PM
    Jay: I've not had any problems with my Storm and I love it. While there do appear to be some folks who have gotten bad units, I'm betting that a majority of the complaints you're reading about are user error.
    Your bet is wrong.
    11-27-08 09:26 PM
    we have two Storms - no issues.
    11-27-08 09:29 PM
    First storm had a lot of issues. My replacement as been near perfect. I don't know how to find the made on date but all the software was set to March when I first booted it up.
    11-27-08 09:38 PM
    I'm really happy for you...I really wish I had the same experience. Everyday I pick it up hoping that something changed overnight (like a miracle). I have no doubt about the way that I am using the Storm. I have ALWAYS learned to read a user's manual before actually ever using something. I have read the shortcuts and tips and tricks and these things do not work on my BB. The phone muting and not being able to even answer a call is so inconvenient. I had the Pearl and LOVE LOVE LOVE it....I know there are different things about each, but I really wanted to feel the same way about this BB as my other. I web surf a ton and text a ton and can't even do simple functions...the camera doesn't work alot of times and I can't view the pictures all the time. The screen freezes constantly. I'm worried that an OS update is not going to solve my problems. I'm not sure if I shoudl try and get a new Storm or go for the Curve. I'm sure some will say I am totally b*tching, but I WANT to love this phone. I just don't know what I should do....
    11-27-08 09:39 PM
    Hi I've had my Storm for two days now with no problems aside from user errors. I've been using Treos for the past 6 years and trying to get used to the Blackberry platform and suretype.
    11-27-08 09:50 PM
    Besides the sim card issue everything else has been great.
    11-27-08 09:53 PM
    I have not had problems, been using it pretty heavily since I got it on the 21st!
    11-27-08 09:55 PM
    Your bet is wrong.
    85%

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...g-storm-99404/

No it isn't.
    11-27-08 10:05 PM
    I'm really happy for you...I really wish I had the same experience. Everyday I pick it up hoping that something changed overnight (like a miracle). I have no doubt about the way that I am using the Storm. I have ALWAYS learned to read a user's manual before actually ever using something. I have read the shortcuts and tips and tricks and these things do not work on my BB. The phone muting and not being able to even answer a call is so inconvenient. I had the Pearl and LOVE LOVE LOVE it....I know there are different things about each, but I really wanted to feel the same way about this BB as my other. I web surf a ton and text a ton and can't even do simple functions...the camera doesn't work alot of times and I can't view the pictures all the time. The screen freezes constantly. I'm worried that an OS update is not going to solve my problems. I'm not sure if I shoudl try and get a new Storm or go for the Curve. I'm sure some will say I am totally b*tching, but I WANT to love this phone. I just don't know what I should do....
    have you tried wiping and reloading the software on your device?
    11-27-08 10:17 PM
    No real problems with mine. I kind of miss the real keyboard, but I am getting pretty good with the virtual keyboard. I did not think I would like the suretype, but I am starting to prefer it.
    11-27-08 10:39 PM
    have you tried wiping and reloading the software on your device?
    I have yes. Any other thoughts? Probably just wait for the update, and then decide....I am a total tech girl...I love this stuff, and I really don't think it's user error. I have so many issues and I guess I'm just nervous if all the issues will be addressed by an update. Hmmm.....
    11-27-08 10:41 PM
    No problems at all here. My 8800 is worki....oh.....wait....oh yeah. Sorry. :-)

Storms a comin!!
    11-27-08 10:48 PM
    Hmm well that would really be a problem for me lol. I am very very critical of anything "new" that I buy and I'd go crazy if it takes 3-4 seconds for the phone to connect. When I answer I just click answer and I speak with the phone up to my ear so I couldn't tell ya what the screen does but no one ever says anything like I didn't hear you say hello or whatever... Oh and my brother in-law has the Storm and has so many problems. We did a side by side of sorts and his lagged 4 or 5 seconds in everything mine didn't.. Definetly not trying to brag but I compared his to mine and the date of birth is a day behind mine and both made in Canada... I am wondering what happend between those days or did the people complaining just get a pissed of RIM employee working on their phone?
    Don't get me wrong, it seems to be getting better and better. The answering phone lag has only happened a few times so that's why I felt it wasn't that big of a deal.
    11-28-08 12:23 AM
    Would be interesting to get some manufacturing dates and or lot numbers from people, where it's made and whether it's a good one or bad one. See if there is any correlations that can be made.
    11-28-08 12:33 AM
    Well, to date, both my wifes and my Storm's have been running pretty good, no complaints.
    11-28-08 12:39 AM
    Absolutely no problem with my Voda NL Storm.
    The only thing that bugs me is the very very poor quality of the headset and the way they fit into my ears. But that's just me
    11-28-08 06:11 AM
    Soo.... I totally jinxed myself by saying I have zero problems with my blackberry! My sim card has officially been rejected! I don't mean like once and did a battery pull... I mean like 5 battery pulls later and still no luck! The phone works with it saying that but I mean it's annoying! WTF?! I was doing great and it was FASTER than my curve! Anyone have a sollution out there for this? Besides calling VZW? I hate calling them, all they do is note your damn account! Jeeze I could do that all day. So now that I totally screwed myself by saying I have no problems I feel like crap... I mean other than the SIM deal the phone is still perfect. No lag, no rebooting, no nothing. Hmm thoughts??
    11-28-08 09:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD