I want to know what you people concider bugs on the Storm.

I haven't had any issues with my phone at all. my sms/text messages go faster than on my 8330.

Scrolling and typing was just a learning curve.. I can type just as fast as I did before.. (I know people will flame about this one but who cares.)

maps and google maps work just fine.

my music and videos work just fine.. even youtube clips work

I really dont see why people cry about the storm.. I think its a great gadget and it works great.. Considering is a new Technoloy and all.. The concept works great..

I think the people posting issues.. its more of an IPHONE issue and they just want to blame Storm for no reason..

if there are issues .. Please post them here.. I'll like to know what bugs to look for if any.. or give me something to shut up about...

oh by the way.. Have you guys bother to check the version your phone has.

Click on Options>about> Mine says.
    BlackBerry 9530
    v4.7.0.65 (Platorm 4.0.0.82)

Cheers.

Darkreve
    11-24-08 02:55 PM
    Bug/ prefrence issue: Camera takes too long from the time the button is depressed to snap picture.
    11-24-08 03:03 PM
    my notifications aren't consistently audible when phone is sleeping and/or locked...
    11-24-08 03:06 PM
    - Camera responds slowly, both taking pictures and entering the function
    - accelerometer is too sensitive and responds too slowly
    - Escape key doesn't always close a program (would like to be more detailed but haven't taken the time yet)
    - Lock/unlock is sluggish, especially if you rock the phone too much
    - Email accounts do not have the new message indicator on the actual folder if you have deleted and re-added the email account. Deleting and re-adding until it works again is the only solution I've found so far
    - Clicking links in the browser is often difficult as the screen scrolls while you are trying to hover over the link

There's others, these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I like the storm a lot, but it's foolish to attempt to discredit people that are bringing up real bugs. Most are obvious and known. Speed and responsiveness are the biggest issues.
    11-24-08 03:11 PM
    BB Menu button and Return Button does not work much of the time.

The backlight fades randomly (not just the normal fade before the screen turns off) and cannot be brought back to full until after you let the screen turn off fully. It stays faded even when typing, etc.
    11-24-08 03:26 PM
    - Camera responds slowly, both taking pictures and entering the function
    - accelerometer is too sensitive and responds too slowly
    - Escape key doesn't always close a program (would like to be more detailed but haven't taken the time yet)
    - Lock/unlock is sluggish, especially if you rock the phone too much
    - Email accounts do not have the new message indicator on the actual folder if you have deleted and re-added the email account. Deleting and re-adding until it works again is the only solution I've found so far
    - Clicking links in the browser is often difficult as the screen scrolls while you are trying to hover over the link

There's others, these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I like the storm a lot, but it's foolish to attempt to discredit people that are bringing up real bugs. Most are obvious and known. Speed and responsiveness are the biggest issues.
    i dont get how the accelerometer can be to responsive yet to slow.
    11-24-08 03:31 PM
    From my other thread:

Standby mode like on the Curve (not just locking the screen)

When the screen is locked and I receive a call, about 50% of the time I can't answer because the hard buttons don't work, and the soft buttons don't either. Seems to happen because the phone goes into landscape mode while locked in my pocket.

Disable the accelerometer when the screen is locked (see above)

Allow the camera to know the orientation of the phone to produce pics in landscape or portrait mode.

Allow you to customize profiles individually with regards to LED, ringer, etc.

I'd like it to be a little quicker with regards to the accelerometer.

I'd like it to be able to play a movie in portrait mode or landscape mode (mine only works in landscape).
    11-24-08 03:32 PM
    i dont get how the accelerometer can be to responsive yet to slow.
    No? It's too sensitive in the fact that it often changes without meaning to, even with a slight tilting or when laying it down on a table. The fact that it often changes slowly makes it even worse. That slight tilt causes it to want to change, the system slows while it tries to change but you've already tilted it back meaning you are waiting until it comes back to the correct orientation. I have that issue quite a bit pulling it out of the holster while locked. I'm keeping it mostly vertical but it still swaps to landscape then back to portrait - slowly.

Too SENSITIVE and slow to change. It can be and is both.
    11-24-08 03:34 PM
    i can't send emails with a picture i took from the BB...it's been sending for about 2 hours now and i noticed that no date is incoming or outgoing. I've been able to recieve emails and SMSs...but can't send attachements...
    11-24-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD