Hey guys,
    I woke up today and my storm is acting completely broken.
    It's launching apps all by itself, namely the camera and the phone. It keeps calling the last number I dialed, and once it does this, I cant end the call because pressing the end button makes it come up with the "continue call and quit to home screen?" message.
    I was just sitting here and I watched it open the camera and take a picture.

I have no idea what's going on but it's incredibly annoying and I can't have my phone making calls to people in my pocket. Every couple seconds it does something on its own.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm probably going to reinstall the OS, but I dont want to do that if i dont have to.

Thanks!
    07-23-09 02:58 PM
    What os are u running. Did u install any apes lately

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 03:02 PM
    I honestly cant remember which OS it is, and i cant even get to the options menu to check it out.
    it was the last one that verizon came out with. .148?

I also havent installed any apps in quite a while
    07-23-09 03:11 PM
    Bizarre behavior, to say the least. Though suggested ad nauseam, have you tried pulling the battery to see if that stops the device from going haywire?
    07-23-09 03:19 PM
    Yes, I've had to pull the battery every time it makes a phone call on its own because theres no other way for me to end the call

It seems I cannot put the battery in at all now, it just starts doing this immediately upon start up
    07-23-09 03:24 PM
    when is the last time you dropped your phone into the pool, lake, toilet?

Sounds to me like something is cooked, but good luck with the OS reinstall
    07-23-09 03:25 PM
    when is the last time you dropped your phone into the pool, lake, toilet?
    If not the case, did u download theme? Options > advanced options > applications > hilite item > menu > delete if u can get 2 it. Otherwise haul out DM > backup > wipe > reload OS w/o 3rd party apps > add apps 1 by 1 in order 2 test out.
    07-23-09 03:43 PM
    I would be hoofing it to Verizon ASAP.
    07-23-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD