Ive never used it before and the problem i have in portrait mode is that when i want to type a word that the phone does not recognize, i dont know how to override it... i know i can switch to multi press but surely there must be an easier on the fly way? thanks for help.
    12-08-08 02:05 AM
    Type the word in landscape then click the menu button and add it to the dictionary. Next time you type it the phone will know what you meant.
    12-08-08 02:17 AM
    ^^ or you can go to options and open custom dictionary and add words that you commonly use. This can speed the process up.
    12-08-08 04:40 AM
    Also if you type a word in landscape mode, and the software tries to recognize it as another word, you can simply hit space to let it fill in the word it thinks you are trying to spell, then hit backspace, and it will automatically revert back to whatever you actually typed in.

For example, if I type "helko" in landscape mode, it thinks I am trying to spell "hello". Hit space and just let it fill in "hello", then backspace, and it will revert back to "helko". In fact I have wondered if using this method will automatically add the word to the custom dictionary, because I had a tough time trying to enter my user name "Nevadadrifter" while logging in to a website for the first time, because it was trying to give me so many different spellings. I have never added it to the custom dictionary, but now it has no problems letting me type it out. It will not however, reccommend "Nevadadrifter" if I misspell it. I am not sure if adding a word to the custom dictionary will add this function.
    12-08-08 05:33 AM
    Three ways to fix this. You can add it to the custom dictionary which is the best method. You could type the word then hit space then backspace. Or you can type the word and just hit the screen where you are typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:41 AM
    ok, thanks for the help guys
    12-08-08 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD