OK..i upgraded my OS today to .151 and i love it..soo fast and smooth...and luckily everything worked wonderful...tonight i went for a walk and put my headphones in my Storm and listened to some tunes..when i came home i noticed all my ring tones were muted...all other sounds play...but i cant hear any alerts?? Just to see what would happen i put my earphones back in the jack and called my cell ..i could hear the ring tones playing through the headphones..but when i took out the jack..they still wont play...all is muted..I've done several battery pulls..and i'm getting tired LOL..can someone offer any suggestions?

Sleepless in Ontario..
    08-24-09 10:14 PM
    anyone got any ideas?
    08-24-09 10:23 PM
    Did you change your setting in the upper left corner with the phone vertical on the home screen? The little speaker icon did you change that back to normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 10:29 PM
    Did you go in your profiles and made sure the volume is set to loud?...activate you vibrate profile and then activate the normal profile again, see if this helps
    08-24-09 10:30 PM
    OH thank goodness...someone is out there LOL...yes i have it set at normal...its soo weird..i can hear my vibrations but no sound..even when i switched to factory default ring tone :-(
    08-24-09 10:31 PM
    P.s...i cant even hear it through my headphones now..just no sounds at all :-(

media player plays music just fine however...
    08-24-09 10:33 PM
    Crazy well if all the settings are correct and a batt pull or puting in and takeimg out the head phones a few times dosent do it then I don't know. I'd check those setting real close though you might be missing something.

08-24-09 10:34 PM
    when i get a phone call..the little box in the middle is showing that my "ringer is off" has a speaker with a line through it???
    08-24-09 10:36 PM
    This has happened to folks before. I think if some dirt gets in there it gets sticky and the phone acts up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pho...ically-296137/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/he...-isn-t-291863/

Something about using a q-tip with the cotton removed to get things back into place, or going real slow removing the jack. This hasn't happened to me...yet. Good luck.
    Last edited by chuckthepilot; 08-24-09 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added another one.
    08-24-09 10:37 PM
    Yeah check those settings all of them go to the main settings menu and check everything sounds like your missing something

08-24-09 10:38 PM
    Slide those head phones in and out a buch of times also.

08-24-09 10:40 PM
    grrrr its soo frustrating..cause now i'm getting email notifications no problem..nice and loud..but no phone sounds at all....just vib...?? soo weird..do u think it still could be in need of the qtip fix?
    08-24-09 10:42 PM
    SUCCESS!!!!!! thank you soo much for all your help..the tip worked...i used a tip of a pen ..couldnt find qtips..but pushed is gently in and out several times ..well probably hundreds LOL but its finally working...thanks again..i can sleep..i just cancelled my home land line and decided to try going mobile only..and when my ringer stopped working i imagined missing an emergency call or something during the night...glad its fixed...thanks again and good night all :-)

signed
    Sleeping soon in ONtario :-)

please pin me if i can ever help also...love making new friends
    08-24-09 10:51 PM
    You aren't in bedside mode are you?
    08-24-09 10:51 PM
    I don't I think your missing a setting I wish I could look at the phone I don't know.

08-24-09 10:52 PM
    Have a good one,
    08-24-09 10:53 PM
    it could be theme related. Not all themes are compatible with .151.

Are you using any custom themes?
    08-25-09 01:21 AM
    themes won't mess with sounds, not that i've seen happen before...i'm speculating maybe a botched install, go back to .148 and see if it still happens, if not then it's the OS...you could also try wiping and re-loading the OS from scratch, and doing a selective restore (only the bare essentials, contacts, BBM, bookmarks, custom dictionary, etc...don't restore all of the settings and databases) and then see if it persists...
    08-25-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD