Hi all. few days ago... i just thought i was in dead zones. now when i make it call... it transfer me to verizon thing and ask me for last 4 digit of social security and then it transfer me somewhere else... i dont know what the problem is. i dont wanna be in trouble with my dad. cuz i searched bout it and i just found stuff about fraud and stuff... seems like i'm in trouble. why would they disable my phone. i dont have internet or phone or anything... i never reloaded my os and everything
    01-18-10 12:53 AM
    it just says "please do not hang up, your call has be intensionly forwarded to verizon wireless financial service for review" then asks for my last 4 digit of social security... whcich only my dad knows... what kinda trouble am i in >.<
    01-18-10 01:05 AM
    did you pay your bill?
    01-18-10 01:15 AM
    Sounds like you owe them some money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 01:16 AM
    could it maybe do anything with me tethering? >.< i been going past the 5 gb... but i have unlimited plan. i dont remember doing anything wrong cept tethering. i'll check and see if my parents phone dont work too...
    01-18-10 01:25 AM
    Do you have a tethering plan or are you using tetherberry?

01-18-10 01:40 AM
    *Grabs the popcorn*

I may or may not have been using a trial version of tether. Please keep us posted.
    01-18-10 01:45 AM
    Yes. Keep us posted.

01-18-10 01:51 AM
    using pdanet with bluetooth. i dont know if its my bill :/ cuz i dont have to pay till next month. i check the website for my account. i dont see anything wrong. hmmm. it shows how many txts, mins, data, i used and everything :/ i'll just call them... i'll get my dad to call them tomorrow. i dont have the 4 digit social security number to connect with financial service people. lol u all seem interested in this >.< cuz i'm gunna get in trouble >
    01-18-10 01:55 AM
    Using 5gb in data is pushing it. I use up to 2gb in data with tetherberry every month and never been caught. Even though Verizon says "unlimited" there really is a cap before red flags are thrown from them with tethering. Unless you add the extra $15 a month plan with tethering
    01-18-10 02:51 AM
    Please let us know how much they hit you for the data usage.

Whether tetherberry will get you in hot water with vz is an ongoing discussion here on CB.

01-18-10 03:01 AM
    ok i'm not even sure i'm in trouble for tethering. but most likey i am. i didnt do anything wrong unless if someone reported me or something >.< tomorrow ill find out best of luck.. i hope its just an bill. i dont like getting in trouble. and maybe 5 gb was too mcuh. getting pda net for free with bluetooth XD maybe i got too happy with it...
    01-18-10 03:20 AM
    lol You should really read some of the stories about verizon and tether user. Some are funny.
    01-18-10 03:32 AM
    "financial services" would tell me there is a payment issue...

if it said "fraud", then you'd REALLY have something to worry about.

as far as tetherberry goes, it is - by all rights - a violation of the T&C's for Verizon, since you are not using the service in accordance to your plan. There is a pay feature you can add for tethering that will keep you w/in the T&C's. Since it is nearly impossible to get to 5GB per month just using the device by itself, if you happen to use that much data w/in a month it could cause problems... and wouldn't surprise me if some accounts have been flagged for fraud review.
    01-18-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD