I have an unlocked storm. It worked fine with TMobile. I didn't have to send the service books or something like that and everything worked wonderfully.
    I just recently switched to ATT and my browsers disappeared when I insert the ATT simcard in. Before this switch every time I do a reboot this message shows up "Uncaught exception error" and after reading a few posts I understand my OS is corrupt (right?).
    RIght now I am trying to follow the instructions on how to recover a dead blackberry before I try to send the service books thingy.
    I have OS 4.7.0.75 but I can't find the link to download it anywhere. I went to the verizon website and download whatever they have on there and tried to install it in my computer.
    However when I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in MOtion\ I couldn't find apploader folder anywhere, therefore, no vendor.xml file.
    I don't know what I did wrong. To be honest, I don't know where to start. I am a tech-dummy.
    I hope I made some sense and someone is able to help me out. I am in the process of reading the whole a hundred-and-something-page on the 2 posts mentioned above in vain hope to find a solution.
    PLEASE HELP!!!! I really enjoy my storm when it was fully functional T_T
    THanks soooo much for your time and help..... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!
    09-22-09 12:47 AM
    4.7.0.75 is still available on Blackberry's site, I believe. Although, download 4.7.0.148, or better yet... get .151 or .167 from here. In the Storm OS sub-forum you will find a Sticky that contains links to all the available OS's, including those I mentioned. Would provide a link, but its a royal pain from the mobile site. Also, make sure you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC, without it there is no apploader . If ya have installed, but don't have an OS installed then you won't find the vendor file. Start with finding and downloading an OS, I would recommend .151 or .167

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Craterz; 09-22-09 at 05:38 AM.
    09-22-09 05:30 AM
    here's the link craterz was talking about.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/
    09-22-09 05:55 AM
    I have an unlocked storm. It worked fine with TMobile. I didn't have to send the service books or something like that and everything worked wonderfully.
    I just recently switched to ATT and my browsers disappeared when I insert the ATT simcard in. Before this switch every time I do a reboot this message shows up "Uncaught exception error" and after reading a few posts I understand my OS is corrupt (right?).
    RIght now I am trying to follow the instructions on how to recover a dead blackberry before I try to send the service books thingy.
    I have OS 4.7.0.75 but I can't find the link to download it anywhere. I went to the verizon website and download whatever they have on there and tried to install it in my computer.
    However when I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in MOtion\ I couldn't find apploader folder anywhere, therefore, no vendor.xml file.
    I don't know what I did wrong. To be honest, I don't know where to start. I am a tech-dummy.
    I hope I made some sense and someone is able to help me out. I am in the process of reading the whole a hundred-and-something-page on the 2 posts mentioned above in vain hope to find a solution.
    PLEASE HELP!!!! I really enjoy my storm when it was fully functional T_T
    THanks soooo much for your time and help..... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!
    When downloading an official OS you don't need to go to apploader and delete the vendor .XML file. You only need to do that with an official OS from another carrier. You should use DM to download the official OS, not apploader.

If you don't have DM you need to get it and you can get it from blackberry's web site. I see you posted early in the morning so maybe you've figured it out. If you have any other questions please let us know.
    09-22-09 08:33 AM
    Thank you all so much for replying....
    I did have desktop manager. It's from the Verizon CD that comes with the storm right? Is it the same with VZAccessManager? I must have installed the VZAccessManager last night from the verizon website. Now the Desktop Manager I usually see when startup has disappeared. @_@

I'm gonna go try to install the O.S. right now and see what happens.
    Thanks again.
    09-22-09 09:46 AM
    vzaccess manager is not desktop manager...you are going to want to update from apploader in the common files/rim but you have to have desktop manager installed to use it...i wouldn't use anything on the verizon cd due to the fact it is really old now and versions have gotten better(eventhough I still think that DM blows as a program), I'd download that straight from blackberry..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/

I would definitely read through this post before you update and brick your phone... its a really nice and comprehensive post on everything a new user needs to learn about changing OS's...helped me a lot in the beginning...good luck
    Last edited by bbuck002; 09-22-09 at 10:05 AM.
    09-22-09 10:02 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Thank you all a million. After all the confusions I was finally able to get the browser working on my storm on the AT&T network.
    However, now my 3 email icons are completely gone @__@
    I followed the instructions to resend my service books but I don't remember ever registered for an account. So I went and clicked "Create a new account" but after I input my PIN and IMEI numbers in it says that my phone has already been registered.
    I'm so lost and hopeless T_____T
    09-22-09 09:30 PM
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Thank you all a million. After all the confusions I was finally able to get the browser working on my storm on the AT&T network.
    However, now my 3 email icons are completely gone @__@
    I followed the instructions to resend my service books but I don't remember ever registered for an account. So I went and clicked "Create a new account" but after I input my PIN and IMEI numbers in it says that my phone has already been registered.
    I'm so lost and hopeless T_____T

you have to have TMO delete your old BIS profile so you can create a new one with ATT...
    09-23-09 12:05 AM
    you have to have TMO delete your old BIS profile so you can create a new one with ATT...
    thank you for replying patches. So I just call TMobile, not Verizon? That would be easier I suppose.
    09-23-09 09:36 PM
    why would you call verizon? did you ever have an account with them?

all carriers have access to the same RIM BIS admin tool...the thing you need to worry about is which carrier you had the BIS profile with. each carrier has a separate access to the RIM servers, so you need to call the one you had last...
    09-24-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD