Hi, guys I appreciate any input you have for me I'm freaking out; my husband was on his phone and all of the sudden it just died, he said the battery was still half way full. I can get the phone to come on, done a battery pull, plug it to the computer nada nada!!!! Has this happen to anyone else PLEASE HELP!!!
    08-01-09 03:02 PM
    you say you can get the phone on? what does it say when it turns on? how far can you get before it dies again?
    08-01-09 03:09 PM
    you say you can get the phone on? what does it say when it turns on? how far can you get before it dies again?
    Maybe I'm just getting cranky but yes, how about a little info OP? That post was just about as cryptic as it possibly could be.
    08-01-09 03:16 PM
    I mean dead dead no lights nada, he was in the middle of a call when the screen went black no error message nothing. The phone is just dead as if the battery was drained. I used my battery which is fully charged to try to get it to come back on to no avail. The onky other clue is the phone felt really hot. Right now I'm just letting it cool w the battery out. We have a vegas flight to catch he is gonna be cranky as **** if work can't get ahold of him. Please ask any specific questions you need to help. His phone is about six minths old running lyricals 151 hybrid. Thanks.a
    08-01-09 03:31 PM
    yeah it could have drained really fast if it got extremely hot. You will need to just plug it in and let it charge for awhile before turning it back on.
    08-01-09 03:35 PM
    I mean dead dead no lights nada, he was in the middle of a call when the screen went black no error message nothing. The phone is just dead as if the battery was drained. I used my battery which is fully charged to try to get it to come back on to no avail. The onky other clue is the phone felt really hot. Right now I'm just letting it cool w the battery out. We have a vegas flight to catch he is gonna be cranky as **** if work can't get ahold of him. Please ask any specific questions you need to help. His phone is about six minths old running lyricals 151 hybrid. Thanks.a
    OK so it's not like you said on your OP where you can turn it on? It sounds to me like the phone just up and died. Anyone else care to provide a diagnosis? Phone is hot, and screen black doesn't turn on.
    08-01-09 03:37 PM
    i have this problem,i was search on internet on my phone and my phone start make weird sound ,and i pull out the battery ,and wait 15 sec and put back . And nothing happening he start rebooting ,clock running around and nothing happening black screen turn white ,and again again,,,,,,and my battery was full ,so i bring to store and change to THE BB TOUR,and i love my new phone.
    08-01-09 07:06 PM
    ^^^^ I don't think the OP has time to get a Tour based on her timeline but thanks for posting ... enjoy your Tour in the Tour Forums ...

Now back to the OP's problem. Have you tried booting the phone while connected to the AC charger? Perhaps the battery overheated and fried. Although the phone being hot is not necessarily a reason for a problem.

I left my Storm in the car for 3 hours 2 weeks ago, too lazy to run back out and get it, in the TX sun (it was 103 degrees F outside). When I got back to the car it was so hot inside I decided to check Meterberry and it said my Storm's temp was 122 degrees!!!! I laughed and fired up VZW Navigator and it came right up, located my next destination and away I went. And my mount is on my AC vent so the temp probably dropped 50 degrees in less than 10 minutes on the Storm as the cold air blew directly on it and it never missed a beat. So it depends on your definition of "hot".

However, to try to guess at your problem, it sounds more like a capacitor on the system board failed which caused the phone to get "hot" and not from any overuse of the device causing the battery itself to warm up. Or the battery got very hot because of a failure on the system board which caused a lot of resistance on the power circuit which overheated the battery. Either way, I'm sorry to say, my rather unexpert conclusion here is a Storm hardware failure.

Do you have the insurance?

My wife and I both carry the extra insurance on our BB's. Her BB Curve died in NJ while we were on vacation from TX. We called the insurer, not Verizon, and gave them the serial number. She had a new curve in the box THE NEXT DAY Fedex overnight! They delivered it to her Mom's house in NJ and we took the busted one, stuck it in the provided mailer with the RMA sticker and mailed it back. So if you have the insurance your husband can get a new Storm sent to him wherever he is by over-night delivery.
    08-01-09 09:53 PM
    if you have the ability - why not try a wipe with BBSAC then reinstall the .151 os with lyricidal's 6v6 installer (seems like you got nothing to lose but time) and if you have the insurance, use it as a failsafe
    08-02-09 04:15 AM
    The wife said she tried her fully charged battery and it also would not work. I would replace it.
    08-02-09 01:24 PM
    if charging, or trying a different battery didnt work than it looks like you need to get a replacement. If you can go into a store I would take it in and tell them whats going on.(dont mention what OS you have one it) They will probably check the little sticker inside to make sure there is no water damage and then will try another battery, or charge it. Be polite and tell them you need it before your trip. They store should be able to help you out. Good luck.
    08-02-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD