My storm has suddenly become very glitchy. It suddently shuts off as if the battery is dead mid phone call. When it turns back on the battery is drained. Today it turned off when I wasn't using it and now I can't get it to come back, even when it is charging. It alternates between the red light being on, then it goes black, then the screen slightly lights up with the hourglass symbol, then it goes black and repeats the cycle. I can not get it to connect to the desktop manager.
    I have to wait about a week before I upgrade, so I REALLY don't want to go without a phone for that timeframe or have to pay for a replacement just to trade it in. Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks
    01-29-11 06:24 PM
    I would follow these steps .. hopefully you had backed up your phone prior:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    01-29-11 06:43 PM
    I started to go through the steps with apploader, but i can not get it to display com1 or the pin:unknown. following all of the instructions it still determines my pin and connects that way.
    01-29-11 07:41 PM
    i'm with darthvader17. my storm, which ive had about a year and a half now, has become very glitchy.

today, its been doing the same sort of thing (turned off randomly, wont restart, has the red light, followed by the spinning wheel of death (as i like to call it), then a white screen lights up for a few seconds and then restarts the whole process).

i'm quite intrigued by freethisberrydotcom's link but what ive i'm a mac user?! i've never plugged my phone into my computer for this reason as well..

is there another way to reload the OS on a nuked blackberry?

thanks!
    darthvader17 likes this.
    01-29-11 08:31 PM
    mkonar: This describes my life with my storm exactly.
    01-29-11 08:45 PM
    hahaha i feel you. the past two months have been dreadful and i'm really trying to hold out until july when i can renew my contract/get a new phone for cheap.

lets hope someone has wonderful advice!!!
    01-29-11 08:49 PM
    did u try pulling the battery, wait a min, than put it back in. restart phone.....needs rebooted every day
    01-29-11 09:20 PM
    get the free quick pull, that will reboot your phone every day for u....
    01-29-11 09:24 PM
    I have had that app for my whole ownership of the storm 1.
    01-29-11 09:26 PM
    It sounds to me like it is a bad battery. The symptoms fit that well. A lot of the Storm batteries have been giving up the ghost at about 18 to 24 months, maybe longer depending on usage and how often they are charged.
    01-31-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD