Hello!

Today I got my first replacement Storm from Verizon. My other phone was extremely slow, and the keyboard was really weird to talk on... Needless to say this keyboard feels much better. I'm glad they replaced the phone for me, but I have a couple of issues that I didn't have with the other phone. Everytime I restart my phone this is the error message I get:
    Uncaught excception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Does anyone know what this means, or what I can do to fix it?

Also, My Mail Icon is missing...how do I get it back? When I first got the phone the Browser was missing, so I just logged on the BIS Website and resent the service books and restarted the phone, and it was there again.

Also, I just downloaded the Facebook App, and I can't find the icon anywhere? Not in the App, Downloads, Setup or Games folder...Do you guys know where it can be.. It shows up on my device manager but and in the Applications in Options but I can't find the icon? Any help?

Also, I downlaoded the new Desktop Manager, and it won't allow me to delete the apps that I don't want...it only shows the third party apps when I go to Add/Remove Applications.. Can't figure this one out!!

Please help Blackberry Genuises!!!
    07-15-09 09:51 PM
    Hello!

Today I got my first replacement Storm from Verizon. My other phone was extremely slow, and the keyboard was really weird to talk on... Needless to say this keyboard feels much better. I'm glad they replaced the phone for me, but I have a couple of issues that I didn't have with the other phone. Everytime I restart my phone this is the error message I get:
    Uncaught excception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Does anyone know what this means, or what I can do to fix it?

Also, My Mail Icon is missing...how do I get it back? When I first got the phone the Browser was missing, so I just logged on the BIS Website and resent the service books and restarted the phone, and it was there again.

Also, I just downloaded the Facebook App, and I can't find the icon anywhere? Not in the App, Downloads, Setup or Games folder...Do you guys know where it can be.. It shows up on my device manager but and in the Applications in Options but I can't find the icon? Any help?

Also, I downlaoded the new Desktop Manager, and it won't allow me to delete the apps that I don't want...it only shows the third party apps when I go to Add/Remove Applications.. Can't figure this one out!!

Please help Blackberry Genuises!!!
    Okay

1) the java exception usually comes up when an apps fails or are disrupted when it is trying to do a processes. To fix it you soulhs lookk for the app that is causing it.

2) the message icon could in a folder or set as a hidden icon

3) facebook could also be set as a hidden icon

to find hidden icons go to bb menu button>> select show all

4) Sounds like you need to reboot your pc to see if the new DM works if not go back to your old dm.
    07-15-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD