ok im tired and getting borred of searching forums allllll day and atempting to do this, something isn't working.

the update everyone is raving about? can some please give me a step by step guide including links etc if possible from start to finish.

my storm is slow and need to update it..

thank you very very much

adz
    02-27-09 10:14 AM
    How old are you?
    02-27-09 10:29 AM
    Seriously?

How could you miss it?
    02-27-09 10:32 AM
    ok im tired and getting borred of searching forums allllll day and atempting to do this, something isn't working.

the update everyone is raving about? can some please give me a step by step guide including links etc if possible from start to finish.

my storm is slow and need to update it..

thank you very very much

adz
    Directions are here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    02-27-09 10:34 AM
    Yes, you are correct..... 15 at best!
    ha-ha
    02-27-09 10:34 AM
    thank you very much, i have read these. i downloaded a version of the update (it was in dutch) but it didnt work can you please point me in the right direction or the correct download link? cheers!
    02-27-09 10:45 AM
    learn how to search better. please. bg0508 spoon fed you already.
    02-27-09 10:49 AM
    yes sorry i dont have all day to sit on a computer searching!
    02-27-09 10:52 AM
    thank you very much, i have read these. i downloaded a version of the update (it was in dutch) but it didnt work can you please point me in the right direction or the correct download link? cheers!
    what does "it didn't work" mean?

The english is probably available in the update.
    02-27-09 10:53 AM
    I am done here.

You don't have the 14 seconds it takes to search for Beta OS?

I am not going to hold your hand through the install.

I am guessing that "it didn't work" means that you were impatient during the install or didn't read far enough to complete the install properly.
    02-27-09 10:55 AM
    yes sorry i dont have all day to sit on a computer searching!
    sorry but thats lazy
    02-27-09 10:59 AM
    when i get to the step where i have to run/install the OS it says "error reading initialization file" the is why it doesn't work so there for cant get any further! and for searching the forums i have search and searched and can't find any idea about this item. not asking anyone to hold my hand i purely thought that it isn't working for a reason!
    02-27-09 11:03 AM
    download the file again.

find a different mirror to download it from.

many posts about corrupted downloads from the link.
    02-27-09 11:11 AM
    Hey Adam,

It sounds like your download might be corrupt. Try to download the OS Update again. If that doesn't work, try to find a Mirror site and download the file from elsewhere.

Theres a great how-to, which is the one that I use to update all the leaked OS's up to .103 (Verizon in the USA - Same steps though, my bro in law has a 9500 on Vodafone).

Hope this helps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

when i get to the step where i have to run/install the OS it says "error reading initialization file" the is why it doesn't work so there for cant get any further! and for searching the forums i have search and searched and can't find any idea about this item. not asking anyone to hold my hand i purely thought that it isn't working for a reason!
    Last edited by bbsean; 02-27-09 at 11:29 AM.
    02-27-09 11:13 AM
    thank you all, i am now dowloading it again using rapidshare. then ofcourse i will follow the instruction as per the guide. cheers.
    02-27-09 11:20 AM
    thank you all, i am now dowloading it again using rapidshare. then ofcourse i will follow the instruction as per the guide. cheers.
    Be sure you are downloading the OS for the 9500 and not the 9530! Also, uninstall the previous version from your computer gefore installing the new download.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 02-27-09 at 11:34 AM.
    02-27-09 11:32 AM
    Additionally, I would recommend doing a clean install on your BB - it (arguably) reaps better results. Having some IT knowledge, you'll understand why: i.e.: An OS upgrade vs. a Clean install.

There is a tool that is linked in the thread above called JL Commander.

BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KEEP BEFORE YOU START.
    (How To backup is described in the thread I posted above)

Be sure you are downloading the OS for the 9500 and not the 9530! Also, uninstall the previous version from your computer gefore installing the new download.
    02-27-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD