I gotta say, despite lots of negativity and serious potential hardware and software glitches, I stopped by the vzw store yesterday and played with the Storm again... And I really liked it. The browser in particular was so much more gratifying than with my Curve, and I found typing to be pretty decent. It had an older software revision (I swear it said .61 or .62), but there really wasn't an orientation lag, and most operations executed flawlessly. Clicking also seemed easy, although it was a bit tough to tell because of that huge security device they have on the display model. Typing was definitely slower and less accurate than my Curve, but I'm not used to it, so I expect some learning curve.

So even though I'm still tenuous, I'm continuing to watch these boards closely for news and updates. I won one in the NYC storm grab contest, so I should get it in a couple weeks. Hopefully by then some of these problems will be resolved, and will convince me to keep it!
    12-05-08 07:09 AM
    Just get one already and stop playing with it in the shop. You can't get a real feel for the thing until you have it in your hands, at home using it like you would usually. Everyone uses their phone different and expect different things so you are best off getting your own phone, checking that you can return it after a few days if necessary and forming an opinion then. Get it. You know you wanna
    12-05-08 07:29 AM
    Quoting myself:
    I won one in the NYC storm grab contest, so I should get it in a couple weeks.
    12-05-08 07:31 AM
    You lucky guy! Ok, well keep reading the boards and have fun when you get it! Lots more positive stuff about the phone than negative and if you won it, sweet!
    12-05-08 07:33 AM
    No doubt, I played with the Storm in the store the day or so before it was released, and I thought it sucked. I decided to get one anyway, and after figuring out the quirks and two OS upgrades later I can tell you I'm very satisfied with this device.
    12-05-08 07:36 AM
    Yeah I gotta say, I really liked the browser interface. Is Opera good on the phone too? I also e-mailed Skyfire today with my encouragement to develop a browser for blackberry. We need flash on ALL the blackberry hardware!
    12-05-08 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD