ok so this might be a newb question but on my storm I have this thin film on my screen I was wondering if that is supposed to be removed or not? not sure if it protects the screen or was meant to be removed?
    02-02-09 09:47 AM
    it protects it as it comes from the factory. It can be removed if desired. My advice is leave it on as long as it is useable and then get yourself some screen protectors
    02-02-09 09:51 AM
    it protects it as it comes from the factory. It can be removed if desired. My advice is leave it on as long as it is useable and then get yourself some screen protectors
    The only reason I ask is cause there is this one part in the screen with a tiny imperfection barely noticeable but I wasn't sure if it was due to the film on the screen or if it was on the actually screen...
    02-02-09 09:53 AM
    Ditto

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-02-09 11:56 AM
    When I unboxed mine i saw so many scratches and stuff on it and i had no idea what was going on haha. Took me a few minutes to realize it was just a screen protector.
    02-02-09 01:34 PM
    When I unboxed mine i saw so many scratches and stuff on it and i had no idea what was going on haha. Took me a few minutes to realize it was just a screen protector.
    Thanks a lot that makes me feel much better... cause there are a few spots that looked a bit scratched but I take really good care of it and nothing other then my fingers have touched the screen. I will leave it on for now... wait till it starts to peel a bit.
    02-02-09 02:15 PM
    For what its worth I found the screen a little more responsive with it off. I've had my storm since launch and don't have a single mark or scratch on the screen, its proved to be very resilient.

Last edited by JerryTheBerry; 02-02-09 at 02:21 PM.
    02-02-09 02:19 PM
    Yeah I seen this one video on youtube where a guy used his keys and was trying to actually scratch the screen and it didn't scratch was quite impressed... For a minute I was thinking I got one of the unlucky ones... haha
    02-02-09 02:29 PM
    That's just the factory screen protector. I had mine on for about a month before I got some air bubbles underneath so I removed it. It actually feels better now
    02-07-09 10:36 PM
    No real need for a screen protector IMO. The screen is glass. Search google for hardness values. I posted a link a while back about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness
    Last edited by Lylej2k; 02-07-09 at 10:50 PM.
    02-07-09 10:47 PM
    I left my factory screen protector on and my screen is very responsive- and protected not just from scratches, but finger prints and smudges! Once it starts to peel or I get an air bubble, I will replace it with another screen protector. I do have a scratch on the screen protector, but I am 90% certain it is on the screen protector and not the screen itself, because it was there when I unboxed the brand new phone, and the Storm screen is not that easy to scratch (I leave the protector on mostly to keep the glass from getting smudged up).
    02-07-09 10:56 PM
    I got rid of that factory one immediately and replaced it.
    02-07-09 10:57 PM
    u can score some cheapo pet screen protectors on ebay for 4 bucks. there sweet. i bought 6 of them, u get 3 for 4 bucks
    02-08-09 01:38 AM
    Screen protectors rule
    02-08-09 02:54 AM
    Some people have reported to having as many as 5 plastic films on their screen. Mine only had 2. You can take it off if you want.
    02-08-09 08:46 AM
    I took off the factory and got the 3 pack of thicker screen protectors. I dropped it once on a wood floor with something small and sharp on it, like a small rock and the protector scratched. Better the piece of plastic than a expensive almost irreplaceable screen.
    02-08-09 09:30 AM
    I left the factory screen protector on mine since I got it the first week of December, and it's still on and in good shape.

I'm in no hurry to change it because with my other phone (venus) I had the verizon screen protectors and I hated them, nothing but fingerprints all over it all the time.
    02-08-09 11:05 AM
    My original just fell off. Paid 8 bucks at Verizon for 3 protectors. Not really happy with them . Have to clean the screen alot. It is thicker and really shows the smudges and seems to block the colors from comig through. I actually liked the factory one better.
    02-08-09 11:34 AM
    Mine fell off yesterday... Think I might just use it without one for awhile
    02-08-09 01:55 PM
    pull it off, it looks better after, less grainy, and the screen is damn sturdy itself
    02-08-09 02:16 PM
    That's just the factory screen protector. I had mine on for about a month before I got some air bubbles underneath so I removed it. It actually feels better now
    Mine started to get bad on one corner... didn't want to, but I pulled it off and it's actually better now. Screen hasn't gotten scratched anyway, so why bother with screen protectors...
    02-08-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD