I just had a thought of what people might be planning for the week of the release of the storm. Any fortuitous enough to have some extra vacation days to spend some quality time with this beast? I actually do, though not in anticipation of a new phone, just worked out that way. But it would be nice to use a few for a four-day weekend or something to get acclimated before returning to the real world.

Any thoughts? (Unfortunately, with no release date scheduled as of yet, it's hard to plan for and we might be off voting if the speculative dates hold true for the first week of november.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 11:02 PM
    I personally will be way too focused on the election to be checking out reviews and videos on the Storm. I have to wait until Christmas for it anyway.
    10-08-08 11:25 PM
    Yes but it fits right in with election coverage. John McCain invented the blackberry, remember? Maybe he's pushing for an election release to go over the top on election day. (They don't have a sarcasm font, or I clearly would have used it here.)

10-08-08 11:27 PM
    I'll more than likely be putting my order in for it the moment it becomes available online. I will then wait (im)patiently for it to come in the mail, then activate it when I have the chance (meaning the moment the box is in my hands)....
    10-08-08 11:28 PM
    Yes but it fits right in with election coverage. John McCain invented the blackberry, remember? Maybe he's pushing for an election release to go over the top on election day. (They don't have a sarcasm font, or I clearly would have used it here.)

LOL That's too funny...too bad he won't win.
    10-08-08 11:34 PM
    Again I have to point out some parallels. Mccains chances of winning are dropping, just like rim's stock! Coincidence? Same thing as apple shares dropping on steve jobs' health concerns. There's no other explanation.

10-08-08 11:40 PM
    If McCain wins because RIM's stock jumps on election day, then I will never buy a BlackBerry for the rest of my life. I will in fact become an apple fan boy
    10-08-08 11:41 PM
    I will be using the storm to track the excitement after McCain�s win, he is starting to jump in the polls again, so its going to be a win win week for the country. McCain and the storm can't get better than that.
    10-08-08 11:48 PM
    Jump in the polls? I'll assume we are talking about a hypothetical poll created in this thread.

BTW, first website I am going over to on my Storm -- "That One" 08 - John McCain - Barack Obama 08
    10-08-08 11:53 PM
    Yes but it fits right in with election coverage. John McCain invented the blackberry, remember?
    I simply cannot believe how STUPID people are on this board. I mean, come on...really?

EVERYONE knows that Al Gore invented the Blackberry.

Go back to high school and learn something man.
    10-09-08 07:23 AM
    I simply cannot believe how STUPID people are on this board. I mean, come on...really?

EVERYONE knows that Al Gore invented the Blackberry.

Go back to high school and learn something man.
    No! Al Gore invented the internet, silly!
    10-09-08 07:30 AM
    How sad is it that, barring online pre-ordering, I'm actually considering using my last vacation/sick/personal day of the year on release day so I get to the VZW store early so I'm sure to get one.

Yeah I'm a geek.
    10-09-08 07:40 AM
    How sad is it that, barring online pre-ordering, I'm actually considering using my last vacation/sick/personal day of the year on release day so I get to the VZW store early so I'm sure to get one.

Yeah I'm a geek.
    What's bad is you'll probably get sick the following week and have to got to work because you took your last day.
    10-09-08 08:25 AM
    What's bad is you'll probably get sick the following week and have to got to work because you took your last day.
    LOL!!! That's exactly right!!!
    10-09-08 08:32 AM
    LOL!!! That's exactly right!!!
    It must be because karma sucks!

I never missed a day of work in my career, I never get sick, MAYBE 1 day of the year if that. This year my grandpa was sick so I took my sick days to take care of him, all of a sudden last sick day is gone, 1 week later, I get crazy sick. Everything in the book, fever, stomach, cold, goto the dr. and since I never go it looks fishy me begging for short term because I have no time to take off of work, haha. Long and short

Take time to take care of my grandpa = Karma making me sick afterwards

Wouldn't change it even if I knew the outcome, but still!
    10-09-08 08:37 AM
    I'm probably not going to take a day off just to have some cuddle-time with the new Storm - likely I'm just going to wait for the weekend.

That said, if it comes out say, on a Tuesday - it's going to be one long week.
    Ok, I'll get it after work one day - just expect my productivity to "slip" a little, following.
    10-09-08 08:47 AM
    Take time to take care of my grandpa = Karma making me sick afterwards

Wouldn't change it even if I knew the outcome, but still!
    Oh man that really sucks. I sometimes think fate enjoys just poking people with a stick for no good reason.
    10-09-08 08:54 AM
    Well my wife is due on the 4th so that could pose a problem...........No hunny you gotta hold him in there a few more hours so I can go pick up my new storm!!!

But unfortunatly I'm with alltel so I have to wait until the merger gets finalized and all that. So It'll probably be atleast christmas time until I get one
    10-09-08 08:57 AM
    Well my wife is due on the 4th so that could pose a problem...........No hunny you gotta hold him in there a few more hours so I can go pick up my new storm!!!

But unfortunatly I'm with alltel so I have to wait until the merger gets finalized and all that. So It'll probably be atleast christmas time until I get one
    Or if it comes out before your baby, then use it to take pictures and video of the birth
    10-09-08 09:01 AM
    Oh man that really sucks. I sometimes think fate enjoys just poking people with a stick for no good reason.
    Things happen for a reason, that's my outlook. I have a great life and not feeling alot of negative due to economy etc. So for that I can't complain, but I do always find Irony in that Karma/Fate idea.

Grandpa = Worked 2 jobs, adopted my dad when left on his doorstep, married without ever an issue. 4 Grandkids **2 of which arent his own but took care of them in hard times**, Church every sunday, food on the table every night, not a smoker, never saw him drink at all **not to say he didn't but never saw it** etc. etc. Basically what could be construed as the perfect guy.

Stricken with diabetes, parkinsyns **Sp?**, and multiple other inflictions. Yet a chain smoking alcoholic abusive cheating moron can live to 80 with no regrets and dies a natural death.

Ironic.....

Fate is a Wad of a certain D word, and I for one am not looking forward to crossing it's path, :P
    10-09-08 09:10 AM
    Or if it comes out before your baby, then use it to take pictures and video of the birth
    LOL that would work great. But like I said, I gotta wait for the merger to be finalized so I don't think the wife will hold off another month or so just so I can do that
    10-09-08 09:11 AM
    I plan on taking the entire month off to enjoy my new device.

I just may not be able to pay my bill at that point.

10-09-08 09:12 AM
    My wife is already dreading me getting the Storm. Her words "So how much time you going to spend on that damn thing?" I just need to wait until 10-19 to use our upgrade was we have on the Family share plan. End of October would be nice as I will be off for a few weeks.
    10-09-08 09:20 AM
    I just wanted to put out there that neither of the two politically-oriented posts about mccain and blackberrys were in any way serious, so I hope no one thinks I'm that naiive to think he actually created them.

That said, I'm just as excited as anyone to try one of these out, especially after lewis hamilton's interview. Do you think it's fair to say that buying new phone models is a lot like buying a new car model in the sense it's usually wise to wait a bit to let the manufacturers work out some of the bugs? People were criticizing the storm in lewis' interview that it was choppy (could have had poor reception because I think he was going to a web page), among other things. Remember apple put out an update shortly after the release of the 3g model. Maybe bb will do the same. Get them out at 95% and immediately release a patch for some known bugs.

Of course just speculation, and depending on when the release date is, I will definitely use a sick day on the friday after I get it to play around. No superbowl party-esque thing but I bet some people will be dong some thing crazy. I wanna hear some crazy stuff here. There's so much hype, people have to have something planned. I would love to hear about the guy that said his wife is due about how he heard there would be a delay for just enough time to go out and get one.

10-09-08 04:49 PM
    Maybe I can call the wife's doc and tell him if she hasn't had it by the 4th to induce (spelling) her on the 2nd or 3rd so I wouldn't miss anything and still be able to get the storm on the 4th!
    10-09-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD