Is there a pinch and zoom app for the storm?
    06-06-09 07:33 PM
    Moved to Storm Forum to get your more targeted help
    06-06-09 08:10 PM
    facebook 1.6

(sort of)
    06-06-09 08:12 PM
    This isn't what you asked, but the double tap zoom works great.

Grey
    06-06-09 11:05 PM
    i believe pinch zoom is copyrighted by apple..
    06-07-09 12:22 AM
    Then why does the new palm pre have it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 12:26 AM
    Pinch and zoom is what I do when I have to use a public bathroom.
    06-07-09 12:28 AM

have you seen the palm pre yet. It has pinch and zoom
    06-07-09 12:38 AM
    the new updated facebook App (1.6) has a form of both flick scrolling (when looking through photo albums) as well as pinch zoom......So it tells us that it is indeed possible and well in the works by RIM :-)
    Check it out and treat it as a preview of things to come on the new Storm O.S. presumably
    06-07-09 12:40 AM
    I can't make facebook 1.6 pinch zoom

06-07-09 01:01 AM
    the new updated facebook App (1.6) has a form of both flick scrolling (when looking through photo albums) as well as pinch zoom......So it tells us that it is indeed possible and well in the works by RIM :-)
    Check it out and treat it as a preview of things to come on the new Storm O.S. presumably
    Its not really pinch and its laggy as ****...as expected.
    06-07-09 01:03 AM
    Its ok I can't make it flick scroll through the menus

06-07-09 01:03 AM
    Its ok I can't make it flick scroll through the menus

the only flick scroll type thing i have seen on facebook so far is when you open up someones album to view the pics, and it lets you flick scroll through the pics, but it is horizontal and not vertical...........you only really notice it when someone has 10 or more pics in that specific album though....try it out
    06-07-09 01:09 AM
    this flick scrolling feature is pretty useful

06-07-09 01:17 AM
    this flick scrolling feature is pretty useful

will be very useful when they integrate it into the entire O.S.....messages, emails, songs, contacts.......
    06-07-09 01:24 AM
    Seems to me pinch zoom requires quite a bit of graphics processing when compared to the double-tap zoom. As we all know the Storm's ability to render graphics pales in comparison to the iPhone and Pre..so that may be why RIM did not implement pinch and zoom. If they had enabled the on-board GPU maybe it would have been possible...

To be honest, I only really want pinch and zoom in the web browser. Given that RIM's browser blows, it's probably not worth worrying about. My hope is that one of the better third-party browsers (Opera, Opera, please Opera!) will release a storm version that enables pinch zoom.
    06-07-09 07:11 AM

the pre has it so unless they paid royalty's I doubt it..
    06-07-09 07:44 AM
    Then why does the new palm pre have it?

I think I read that the Pre was designed by a guy who used to work for Apple. He may have been able to make it work differently enough from Apple to avoid copyright conflicts. Sounds like there is quite a bit of similarity to iPhone functionality. Just my guess, of course.
    06-07-09 10:34 AM
    No I actually think it has to do with the way the software was loaded into the storm. Since its a " Click " screen rather then a touchscreen, my guess is that it was easier for them to do tapping, then dragging. Plus they prolly wanted to set themselfs apart too. Lord knows they are already compared to the Iphone enough.
    06-07-09 10:45 AM
    I don't think apple has it copyrighted, but i know they have been trying.

Come on, you tryin to tell me someone could copyright a motion that could be used for anything? for example, popping a pimple (i know that there is no money involved with that tho lol)

The Android G1 has the pinch zoom, but they did not release it that way. it took a gifted chef to cook up the right ROM IMG to enable it. I put it on my gf's G1 and it works pretty well...

I really think if you have a capacitive touch screen, then it has to be possible. Its the resistive ones(ie Windows Mobile) that can only register one touch at a time via pressure.

But with the capacitive glass screen sensing heat, it can register multiple contacts at once. Plus we have the multi touch in selecting txt/email messages by touch 2 at the same time to select multiples

In due time i hope.

on a side note: i played with 2 palm pres yesterday. One was really nice and impressive, the other was really buggy, chuggy, and slow. but in time, that phone will be outstanding
    06-07-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD