Not sure if this will be appreciated but I've seen most pics of the Thunder, but these were new to me so I thought I would post them...

It would be nice if we could put together all the sites that have pictures of the Thunder phone... so if you know of a site that you think has not been seen, please post it here.

Here are some links to start with...

cellfanatic

shinyplastic

syntagmamedia

cosmosul

techgadgets

Anyone know of other links?

Edit: Please don't get your hopes up too much, these are obviously Photoshop renditions, but just keeping the dream alive.

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-21-08 at 10:21 PM.
    08-21-08 09:39 PM
    Thought you had some actual real pics. I think we have all seen those. All photoshopped.
    08-21-08 09:55 PM
    Thought you had some actual real pics. I think we have all seen those. All photoshopped.
    Sorry for the let down... Just keeping those pictures of sugar plums dancing through our heads...

Someday, this place will be flooded with REAL pictures of our beloved Thunder, until then, I'll look at anything that resembles the probable real thing with hopes that the real thing will put the fakes to shame.

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-21-08 at 10:15 PM.
    08-21-08 10:13 PM
    Here is a quote from the article. Sounds nice, hope the right people see this.

What about other carriers? Well for the US, Verizon Wireless and At&t will be the two major carriers moving over to LTE 4g technology while T-mobile has not announced their plans and Sprint is using WiMAX. At&t subscribers will undoubtedly be able to purchase an unlocked version of the BlackBerry Thunder (9500 Series) and use it on their network, regardless of the lifetime exclusive agreements between RIM and Verizon Wireless. There is also the possibility that Verizon and Vodafone will not hit their sales quotas and the exclusive lifetime agreement will be void, making the device available to all carriers interested in some touchscreen Blackberry action.
    08-22-08 05:02 AM

What about other carriers? Well for the US, Verizon Wireless and At&t will be the two major carriers moving over to LTE 4g technology while T-mobile has not announced their plans and Sprint is using WiMAX. At&t subscribers will undoubtedly be able to purchase an unlocked version of the BlackBerry Thunder (9500 Series) and use it on their network, regardless of the lifetime exclusive agreements between RIM and Verizon Wireless. There is also the possibility that Verizon and Vodafone will not hit their sales quotas and the exclusive lifetime agreement will be void, making the device available to all carriers interested in some touchscreen Blackberry action.
    Oh well, I'm glad the Javelin is coming to T-Mobile. I really want this phone but I refuse go to AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 07:12 AM
    I wonder how att people will use a cdma phone unless they will get the gsm model from vodafone and if the thunder is really all that apple is gonna be pissed at att. Thoughts?

08-22-08 07:13 AM
    Oh well, I'm glad the Javelin is coming to T-Mobile. I really want this phone but I refuse go to AT&T.

Quoted for truth
    08-22-08 07:43 AM
    I wonder how att people will use a cdma phone unless they will get the gsm model from vodafone and if the thunder is really all that apple is gonna be pissed at att. Thoughts?
    Maybe the Thunders worldwide will have both radios installed, therefore no need to get one from across the pond? Just a wacky guess.

AT&T reaction: Not sure, but it could be interesting.

Not sure if this will be appreciated but I've seen most pics of the Thunder, but these were new to me so I thought I would post them...

It would be nice if we could put together all the sites that have pictures of the Thunder phone... so if you know of a site that you think has not been seen, please post it here.

Here are some links to start with...

cellfanatic

shinyplastic

syntagmamedia

cosmosul

techgadgets

Anyone know of other links?

Edit: Please don't get your hopes up too much, these are obviously Photoshop renditions, but just keeping the dream alive.

Dennis
    Every bit helps. Thanx.
    08-22-08 08:31 AM
    AT&T isn't the only GSM carrier in the US though. Atleast now some GSM people can look foward to this device as well.

08-22-08 11:21 AM
    Maybe Verizon will be like AT&T and not let you buy one without a contract if it does have the ybrid radio chipset.

Also what is this stuff about Rev.C? Is that 4G? I didn't think we had Rev.B yet either
    08-22-08 01:29 PM
    Maybe Verizon will be like AT&T and not let you buy one without a contract if it does have the ybrid radio chipset.

Also what is this stuff about Rev.C? Is that 4G? I didn't think we had Rev.B yet either
    It wouldn't matter, as the Voda model would work and there are usually unlocked unbranded models...
    08-22-08 01:49 PM
    AT&T isn't the only GSM carrier in the US though. Atleast now some GSM people can look foward to this device as well.

So there is hope yet again! I'm not sure why I was thinking that the 4G or LTE stuff was apart of the equation. I've been speaking to random T-Mobile reps about rumored phones, three out of five said that the "Storm" is due this fall but nothing is set in stone. The other two knew nothing of a Touchscreen Blackberry but were excited by the thought of it. (Both Were Blackberry Addicts) LOL. They were all probably wrong but I thought I'd stir up the pot.

08-22-08 05:59 PM
    Also can anyone help is WCDMA considered CDMA for Verizon?
    08-22-08 07:25 PM
    wow. a lot of info in here that doesn't seem caught up.

the thunder is supposed to be a verizon (in the US) world phone, which means it runs on CDMA in the US, and has a GSM radio for european and asian markets. vodaphone (which has a minority share of verizon) is getting the same phone. rogers, and a few other gsm carriers are getting the phone, but in the US it is going to be a verizon exclusive. at&t and tmo just aren't going to get this phone, unless either the phone has a US capable radio in non-US markets, or (and afaik, this is just a rumor) vzw doesn't sell quota on the phone and they lose the exclusive contract.

and all of those pictures are out of date renders/photoshops based on assumptions. the thunder can be seen on the left hand side of the picture in this BGR story: BlackBerry Bold / BlackBerry Thunder release information : Boy Genius Report

as for w-cdma, wikipedia can it explain it in a far more convoluted way then i could ever hope to: W-CDMA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(and believe me, i pray to the electronics gods that i'm wrong about the phone not getting a US capable gsm radio. i'd much rather import one and get on at&t's hspda network. my evdo feels like an isdn line at best)
    08-22-08 09:00 PM
    wow. a lot of info in here that doesn't seem caught up.

the thunder is supposed to be a verizon (in the US) world phone, which means it runs on CDMA in the US, and has a GSM radio for european and asian markets. vodaphone (which has a minority share of verizon) is getting the same phone. rogers, and a few other gsm carriers are getting the phone, but in the US it is going to be a verizon exclusive. at&t and tmo just aren't going to get this phone, unless either the phone has a US capable radio in non-US markets, or (and afaik, this is just a rumor) vzw doesn't sell quota on the phone and they lose the exclusive contract.

and all of those pictures are out of date renders/photoshops based on assumptions. the thunder can be seen on the left hand side of the picture in this BGR story: BlackBerry Bold / BlackBerry Thunder release information : Boy Genius Report

as for w-cdma, wikipedia can it explain it in a far more convoluted way then i could ever hope to: W-CDMA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(and believe me, i pray to the electronics gods that i'm wrong about the phone not getting a US capable gsm radio. i'd much rather import one and get on at&t's hspda network. my evdo feels like an isdn line at best)
    I cannot confirm this article, but maybe you missed what it said.

08-22-08 09:07 PM
    that article is from may. it's been a confirmed verizon/vodaphone exclusive since then

omg, 4th edit. please take the post reply button off the post edit o_0

super short version of post!

evdo rev c = umb. umb is being passed on by a lot of carriers in favor of lte, which hasn't even been ratified yet. phones with both umb and lte radios is a ways off probably. the 8830 offered by verizon was not capable of using gsm in the US, either.
    Last edited by adnans; 08-23-08 at 12:10 AM.
    08-22-08 11:48 PM
    that article is from may. it's been a confirmed verizon/vodaphone exclusive since then
    Have you seen an announcement from Verizon or RIM?
    08-22-08 11:57 PM
    BlackBerry Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't remember when the information came out, but it was at least 2 months ago. it's been on the wikipedia page for a bit.

BlackBerry Thunder gets 9530 model designation on Verizon, October 13th release date? : Boy Genius Report that's a camera capture of vzw's internal customer tracking software, showing off the model number
    Last edited by adnans; 08-23-08 at 01:09 AM.
    08-23-08 01:05 AM
    BlackBerry Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't remember when the information came out, but it was at least 2 months ago. it's been on the wikipedia page for a bit.
    There hasn't been an official announcement from Verizon or RIM about exclusivity. Boy Genius was the originator and he is usually pretty accurate so it is very possible, but until we hear something official anything can happen, shouldn't assume it's a foregone conclusion.

Also, even an exclusivity deal doesn't mean we won't be seeing GSM models with NAM frequencies released elsewhere (i.e. Vodafone's version).
    08-23-08 01:10 AM
    Also can anyone help is WCDMA considered CDMA for Verizon?
    No, W-CDMA is UMTS, which means it works on GSM carriers that also utilize UMTS (I know AT&T does, I'm pretty sure T-Mo does too.)
    08-24-08 08:56 PM
    Correct.

Glad I just made the switch to GSM/UMTS.
    08-25-08 08:35 PM
    Yep but this model will work on AT&T though. Its going to be great, I can't wait.
    I would not cout my chickens on that yet. Like stated above, no one has confirmed what we are speculating about, even though we may be close to the truth. I thought I heard one of the insiders (people in this forum) talking about it working on GSM in Canada (RIM employees using it). There has been some speculation too that it may somehow be locked out of US GSM, dont even know if that can be done though.
    It has also been mentioned that it would be a would phone...but what if it is not and Rim just releases a Vodafone version on GSM, and a CDMA version for Verizon, you would at least have to have one shipped from Europe or Canada to work on GSM here in the states. I am thinking we will here more info in 1-3 weeks at the most. And where did the whole lifetime exclusive thing come from? It has been mentioned many times. But most of the insiders shy away from that one. Maybe three month exclusive, one year etc?? Any insiders care to comment on what I mentioned above??
    08-25-08 09:05 PM
    From what I have heard Verizon is going to be the only carrier to have it for the first year or so just like the 8830 WD....but who knows.
    08-25-08 09:10 PM
    From what I have heard Verizon is going to be the only carrier to have it for the first year or so just like the 8830 WD....but who knows.
    "From what I have heard"....I have read many posts in these forums and no one has said a year exclusive, not saying you are just throwing a time frame out there, just sayin, "one year" first I hear of that.

I think 2-5 years would be a smarter deal if RIM would accept the deal. There is no debating how much the iPhone has helped AT&T. The Thunder was created from the ground up to be a "true" iPhone killer by using newer technology combined with everything that makes a berry great. But VZW is not just looking at stopping people from leaving for the iPhone but to add 5-10 million new customers from other carriers by making it exclusive for 5 years, and beleive me, those numbers are realistic over 5 years. It is not just about iPhone vs Thunder, it's about AT&T vs Verizon, VZW needs that "statement" phone.
    08-25-08 09:33 PM
    I would not cout my chickens on that yet. Like stated above, no one has confirmed what we are speculating about, even though we may be close to the truth. I thought I heard one of the insiders (people in this forum) talking about it working on GSM in Canada (RIM employees using it). There has been some speculation too that it may somehow be locked out of US GSM, dont even know if that can be done though.
    It has also been mentioned that it would be a would phone...but what if it is not and Rim just releases a Vodafone version on GSM, and a CDMA version for Verizon, you would at least have to have one shipped from Europe or Canada to work on GSM here in the states. I am thinking we will here more info in 1-3 weeks at the most. And where did the whole lifetime exclusive thing come from? It has been mentioned many times. But most of the insiders shy away from that one. Maybe three month exclusive, one year etc?? Any insiders care to comment on what I mentioned above??
    it's going to be a world phone. world phones have weather conditions for their internal names. the 8830 was called the "cyclone" before release.
    08-25-08 10:39 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD