Why the **** are the caller ID pics so gawdamn small? I spent a good hr cropping and saving pics of my friends to my phone so they'd look sweet on my new storm..but the pic is so small you can't even see it...WTF?

I know there are programs you can BUY to get them to be full screen...but YTF do we have to pay for a fullscreen ID app when my old-*** LG enV had it built-in.....

I also hate the fact that when u get a new SMS/Email/etc there's no pop-up that lets you see the msg right away..instead you have to go thru a couple menus and find them....I tried using Aerize Alerts but the stupid keyboard would pop up everytime (even after disabling the compatibility thinger) and I wouldn't be able to read the msg...

I love my BlackBerry...but some of the kinks are really pissing me off....

Any suggestions?
    01-15-09 10:20 PM
    I agree with you about not having the full screen caller id. Whats the point in having this huge screen if its just gonna show a tiny picture. It always bothers me when I see people post "I'd pay for an app like that." I usually see that on apps that should have been included in the phone itself.

Although I don't agree with you on the alerts. Plenty of times on my old phone I'd get a text right in the middle of something and end up opening it, canceling out whatever I was currently doing. I like it much better that it just goes to the background.
    01-15-09 10:44 PM
    verizon better get their **** together soon on all these bugs and just dumb ideas put into the storm
    01-15-09 10:47 PM
    they did it just to pi$$ you off...
    No other reason...
    01-15-09 10:48 PM
    as for the messages... I get a red and white marker in my messages folder.. I open it and read it.. not too hard.. easier then the last phone.
    01-15-09 10:49 PM
    I'm getting used to the message thing and I like the BBlight app (that lights up the screen....ANOTHER thing that SHOULD have been default)..but the Miniature-Thumbnail sized caller id pic is really ridiculous.
    01-15-09 10:55 PM
    I would have to agree with the OP that it would be nice to see a message popup. I know on my old Windows mobile device it was nice to be browsing the web, get a sms, be able to read and reply to it, then right back to surfing. I hate having to go to the main menu everytime to get new msgs.

+1 to that problem
    01-15-09 10:57 PM
    You don't have to go back to the menu. Just press and hold the BB button for a second or two, pull up the app switcher and select messages, reply and when done hit the back button and it'll go right back to your browsing. There are a lot of easy ways to browse w/out many clicks, just need to experiement.

I agree about the caller id thing, i'm waiting on an effective caller id full screen app.
    01-15-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD