I'm experiencing a very odd problem, and can't seem to find any posts related to it. My phone was frozen this morning when I woke up, so I rebooted it and it was stuck on the Verizon Wireless splash screen. I tried waiting for it to do something, but nothing happened. I then tried pulling the battery multiple times and even tried booting up without the SD card. Still, it would always freeze on the same screen.

My phone would vibrate periodically, and the screen still goes dark after a little bit, and comes back on when I press the screen. This is what got me to believing my phone was "working" just nothing was updating on the screen. So I called my phone from my office phone, and the Incoming Call screen came up. I was able to answer the call and everything, but the screen never updated, it still said "Incoming Call" with my office number, even after it was hung up. So far, calling my phone is the only way I was able to get the screen to change.

I haven't done any updates or installed any new software. I can't remember the exact OS I'm running, but I think it's the last official OS 5.0 release from Verizon. I would prefer not to have to wipe my phone. Any ideas about what's going on and how I can fix it?
    04-30-10 06:54 AM
    when i reecieved my Storm, It had issues with also booting up. I believe that the really only fix is to wipe the handheld completely, and try reinstalling the operating system. If that doesn't work, and your phone is still under warranty, Take it to Verizon and see if they will give you a replacement phone.
    04-30-10 12:25 PM
    Yeah, I guess I'm going to just wipe it and reinstall the OS. I've had this since the day it came out, I've been lucky so far but I guess it's about time to turn it in and get a Droid Incredible!
    04-30-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD