If there is another thread similar, I'm sorry, just link me to it. However here is my issue:

I went to work and my storm was fully charged. I sent my last text message put it in its holster and put it in my pocket. Halfway through my shift I check it and it won't come up. I can see the light behind the buttons and my screen isn't completely black, it is slightly lit up as well, but nothing else. So I pull out the battery and put it back in, the red light comes on, but it nevers comes up. After my shift, I try to plug it in and see if it'll work, but still nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
    07-21-09 10:55 PM
    Have you tried pushing the power button (Red Phone)?
    07-21-09 11:03 PM
    this is the same problem i am experiancing, any insight would be greatly appreciated
    07-21-09 11:09 PM
    If there is another thread similar, I'm sorry, just link me to it. However here is my issue:

I went to work and my storm was fully charged. I sent my last text message put it in its holster and put it in my pocket. Halfway through my shift I check it and it won't come up. I can see the light behind the buttons and my screen isn't completely black, it is slightly lit up as well, but nothing else. So I pull out the battery and put it back in, the red light comes on, but it nevers comes up. After my shift, I try to plug it in and see if it'll work, but still nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
    What os are you running?
    07-21-09 11:11 PM
    Have you tried pushing the power button (Red Phone)?
    I have tried. It didn't help. I pressed and it I held it a good 20 seconds.
    07-21-09 11:11 PM
    What os are you running?

the last official vzw os.
    07-21-09 11:12 PM
    What os are you running?
    i have the same problem and am running .151
    07-21-09 11:16 PM
    Okay, two things then

Either your battery is busted, or your reception is flaky forcing you storm radio to work hard, causing more battery drain than normal.

I am leaning more on the battery just going bad, do you have any coworker who has a storm who you can swap batteries with?
    07-21-09 11:17 PM
    i have the same problem and am running .151
    151 is not as good with battery management than 148, but it is not that bad.

How is the reception in your area??
    07-21-09 11:18 PM
    151 is not as good with battery management than 148, but it is not that bad.

How is the reception in your area??
    my reception is usually excellent to be honest, verizon has perfect coverage in my area
    07-21-09 11:23 PM
    Okay, two things then

Either your battery is busted, or your reception is flaky forcing you storm radio to work hard, causing more battery drain than normal.

I am leaning more on the battery just going bad, do you have any coworker who has a storm who you can swap batteries with?
    I highly doubt the reception is bad. I was looking at a customers storm was almost asked her if i could switch batteries real quick, but I don't think that'd be very professional. I'm not a happy camper.

I'm going to try and see what I can do later. Thanks man.
    07-21-09 11:24 PM
    my reception is usually excellent to be honest, verizon has perfect coverage in my area
    Could be the battery then or your charger is busted or heavy use.
    07-21-09 11:30 PM
    I highly doubt the reception is bad. I was looking at a customers storm was almost asked her if i could switch batteries real quick, but I don't think that'd be very professional. I'm not a happy camper.

I'm going to try and see what I can do later. Thanks man.
    If it is the battery I am sure VZW can do something for you.

You are welcome by the way.
    07-21-09 11:31 PM
    Could be the battery then or your charger is busted or heavy use.
    well i dont think its the battery, because i tried calling my phone and it answers and i can talk and everything, it seems like my screen is just busted or something, and not charger because i plugged it in on the usb and same problem
    07-21-09 11:34 PM
    @dleonard1122: u r resourceful lol...in 2 threads @ once!
    07-21-09 11:46 PM
    @dleonard1122: u r resourceful lol...in 2 threads @ once!
    haha well it seems like we are having the same problem and im going through withdrawl of not being able to use my berry for the past 3 days now, im like breaking out into blackberry shaped hives
    07-21-09 11:49 PM
    haha well it seems like we are having the same problem and im going through withdrawl of not being able to use my berry for the past 3 days now, im like breaking out into blackberry shaped hives
    Know what u mean! Few months ago i bought an extra bb standard battery & mini extended charger.
    07-21-09 11:56 PM
    Know what u mean! Few months ago i bought an extra bb standard battery & mini extended charger.
    yeah, well now i have her plugged into the computer via USB cord and am getting the constant green slow LED blink, im just really hoping the battery isnt charged enough, and if it makes a difference i can connect to blackberry DM now

if anyone else is experiancing the same problem or knows what i should do i would greatly appreciate advice
    07-21-09 11:59 PM
    Got a new phone. Apparently old one was all done. Lost it all. Have most of it backed up but DM isn't working and keeps telling me to update to v5.0 even after I tell it to install. Not happy, but it'll all turn out alright.
    07-22-09 09:50 AM
    07-22-09 09:52 AM
    Apparently old one was all done.
    Yeh cdnt come up w/fix for u!
    07-22-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD