I plug in my Storm at night with 55% battery. (Wall Charger) The lightning bolt pops up on the battery and I go to sleep.

I wake up and and the battery is LOW. So low, the radio is turned off. Other times, I wake up in time to find it's at 10% battery.

This happens to me at least once a week. I do battery pulls every day. I've already had the battery replaced once so I don't believe that's the ongoing problem. 85% of the time, I don't run into a charging issue. I've swapped out chargers and it still happens. I've even changed outlets I plug the charger into.

I'm friggin stumped.
    07-01-09 09:30 AM
    Could be a charger issue. Try using the PC-USB charger and see what happens.
    07-01-09 09:32 AM
    It could also be the usb receptacle on your phone. That would be a replacement issue if it proves true, but with it doing this intermittently, it's tough to nail down. If you call verizon, they might go for it, based on the fact that you have changed the charger and the battery.
    07-01-09 09:47 AM
    It could also be the usb receptacle on your phone. That would be a replacement issue if it proves true, but with it doing this intermittently, it's tough to nail down. If you call verizon, they might go for it, based on the fact that you have changed the charger and the battery.
    Now we're talking. This would be my 3rd Storm.
    I'm getting pissy at this point. I like the idea of the Storm and its capabilities but it's execution is FAIL.
    07-01-09 09:54 AM
    Mine will not charge if the phone is turned off. If I leave it on, it will charge.
    07-01-09 11:07 AM
    I was having the same problem. My phone wouldnt charge unless i held the charger into the phone at a certain angle, so I had to have mine replaced.
    07-01-09 11:18 AM
    If after you have replaced all that hardware, then it's time to take that device back to VZW and have them look over your account to verify all those transactions with the battery and the charger. Once that is done they I feel like they would issue you a new device. My only gripe would be if they tried to issue me a refurb. I bought a new unit and I expect nothing less in return...

Good Luck
    ~Michael~
    07-01-09 11:25 AM
    I am having the same intermittent charging problem. Have tried with two different chargers (have two Storms in the house) and with the USB cable. I plug charger in at night with phone on, lightening bolt showing it is charging and then wake up in the morning with a dead battery.

Today, I plugged it into the second charger and had another person monitor it for a while. First the lightening bolt showed, then it didn't, then it showed again and then it didn't. Makes me think there is something wrong with the phone.

So, I went to my local VZW store to see what could be done. They plugged it into another charger, saw the lightening bolt and watched it for about 4 minutes. Said it looks fine to them....

Were willing for me to leave the phone for them to charge, but I need my phone for calls I'm expecting. So, I said I'd be back when it fails again.

Don't quite know how to get this resolved.
    07-03-09 12:04 PM
    co-worker had this issue, also had another person get stuck at 95%, here is how i got both working and charged to 100%, took the batt out of the phone, pluged either the wall charger or USB into the Storm then into the wall/PC, you should get a battery icon indicating the battery is missing, once you see the icon place the battery back in while the wall charger/USB is still plugged into the phone and plugged into the wall/PC, it should start charging, then put the batt back on.
    07-03-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD