My phone randomly started vibrating twice today upon receiving an SMS abd I don't know why. Last thing I did was update quick launch. Also, running OOAK PCs v7. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 07:27 PM
    what is your sound profile set up to do?
    06-08-09 08:08 PM
    what is your sound profile set up to do?

uhhh, make sounds

sorry, just had to do it

You might have the settings on vibe twice and ring twice
    06-08-09 08:13 PM
    i found out that i also get two vibes when i recieve a txt but i found out that this started happening after i installed the beta of berrybuzz so idk
    06-08-09 08:51 PM
    i found out that i also get two vibes when i recieve a txt but i found out that this started happening after i installed the beta of berrybuzz so idk
    did you check you sound profile settings? you should be able to choose how many rings and vibes
    06-08-09 09:08 PM
    I get two, then a pause, then the LED (If the LED decides to work). I'm using BerryBuzz. And don't have an option for how many times to vibrate.
    06-08-09 09:35 PM
    I get two, then a pause, then the LED (If the LED decides to work). I'm using BerryBuzz. And don't have an option for how many times to vibrate.
    Select custom under vibration in your SMS and see what its set to. Same thing happened to me and I had to go in and customize everything back to 1 vibration, because after i updated with .151 files it changed to 2 vibrations. Try that and see if it fixes for you.
    06-09-09 05:22 AM
    this cannot be changed

in .151 sms and email now vibrate twice

the hybrid you are running has taken some .151 files and now you get the double vibration.

mine does the same with lyric's hybrid using .151
    06-09-09 06:13 AM
    this cannot be changed

the hybrid you are running has taken some .151 files and now you get the double vibration.

Im also running Lyr's Beta 5v6 and I was able to chabge. Did you see my post above. Go into sounds/alerts and set vibration to custom and you can change to 1 vibration.

May also have to select in and out

Others running Beta5v6 have had this problem after loading and used this to fix. I also had to reset my ringtones after this upgrade
    06-09-09 06:19 AM
    I'm running v7 and had the same issue. I had to go through my sound profiles and select 'custom' for each of them in order to manually change them. It was a pain, but easy to do.
    06-14-09 06:54 PM
    Im also running Lyr's Beta 5v6 and I was able to chabge. Did you see my post above. Go into sounds/alerts and set vibration to custom and you can change to 1 vibration.

May also have to select in and out

Others running Beta5v6 have had this problem after loading and used this to fix. I also had to reset my ringtones after this upgrade
    i set them all to 1 vibration on the regular .151 OS (not a hybrid) and still having the double vibration. anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?
    08-18-09 11:35 AM
    i set them all to 1 vibration on the regular .151 OS (not a hybrid) and still having the double vibration. anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?
    Did you try doing a pull after you made the changes? That should take care of it for you, my instructions above.Do you have the Sounds options in Options? You may have to do it from there and not the home screen launcher.
    08-18-09 02:16 PM
    Did you try doing a pull after you made the changes? That should take care of it for you, my instructions above.Do you have the Sounds options in Options? You may have to do it from there and not the home screen launcher.
    Just did a battery pull after making the changes through the options menu (not the homescreen launcher) and its still doing double vibrate on email and SMS.

Under Options I have:

Options > Ring Tones/Alterts

help!
    08-18-09 02:29 PM
    Just did a battery pull after making the changes through the options menu (not the homescreen launcher) and its still doing double vibrate on email and SMS.

Under Options I have:

Options > Ring Tones/Alterts

help!
    Hmmm That is really weird, because setting to custom, medium, 1, in and out, should take care of it. When you hit try, does it do two vibrations or one?
    08-18-09 02:41 PM
    this cannot be changed

Are you serious? Damn, I hope that doesn't stick around too long. I like having a set number of vibrates for sms, email, and whatever else. When I'm in my car with my music blasting I can't here my phone in my pocket so I use different numbers of vibrations to tell me what type of message came in.
    08-18-09 02:41 PM
    Hmmm That is really weird, because setting to custom, medium, 1, in and out, should take care of it. When you hit try, does it do two vibrations or one?
    yup, those are all the settings i use. and when i do "Try" it only does the one vibration. might have to go back to .148
    08-18-09 02:46 PM
    yup, those are all the settings i use. and when i do "Try" it only does the one vibration. might have to go back to .148
    Damn! Well I would try running Lyricidals hybrid (link in my sig) and you should be cool. I wouldnt go back to .148. .151 as a base runs so much better than .148 and has way better memory management. IMHO the double vibration is a bit frustrating but not a deal breaker. As long as performance and memory management are great.
    08-18-09 02:50 PM
    Damn! Well I would try running Lyricidals hybrid (link in my sig) and you should be cool. I wouldnt go back to .148. .151 as a base runs so much better than .148 and has way better memory management. IMHO the double vibration is a bit frustrating but not a deal breaker. As long as performance and memory management are great.
    I actually find it horribly annoying (i.e. dealbreaker).
    When you are at work with your phone on your desk, and for every message you recieve (mine does it for BBM also) it goes off twice rather than once, your co-workers start looking at you more often like WTF mate. I rarely have my phone on any other profile except vibrate and ever since .151, it vib's twice for every message.
    08-18-09 03:09 PM
    When you are at work with your phone on your desk, and for every message you recieve (mine does it for BBM also) it goes off twice rather than once, your co-workers start looking at you more often like WTF mate. I rarely have my phone on any other profile except vibrate and ever since .151, it vib's twice for every message.
    Did you try the fix I stated above? There is always silent. You will still get your LED notification and if you use BBAlerts you can change the colors around so you know whats coming in with no sound or vibrations while at work. Thats what I do at work, and you dont annoy anyone.
    08-18-09 03:12 PM
    yeah, i feel ya. i have it on vibrate at work too. i do enjoy the stable memory management of .151, but this double vibrate is getting annoying. i'll look for the fix in the next leaked OS
    08-18-09 03:17 PM
    yeah, i feel ya. i have it on vibrate at work too. i do enjoy the stable memory management of .151, but this double vibrate is getting annoying. i'll look for the fix in the next leaked OS
    I took jgutie's advice and his fix worked. I upgraded to a .151 hybrid and had that double-vibrate, so I went to Options -> Ring Tones/Alerts -> Messages -> SMS Text, then the dropdown for Vibration, choose 'Custom' and it allows you to change the 'Count' from 2 to 1.

Of course you have to do this individually for SMS, PIN, Email, etc.

Thanks jgutie!!
    08-19-09 05:24 PM
    I took jgutie's advice and his fix worked. I upgraded to a .151 hybrid and had that double-vibrate, so I went to Options -> Ring Tones/Alerts -> Messages -> SMS Text, then the dropdown for Vibration, choose 'Custom' and it allows you to change the 'Count' from 2 to 1.

Of course you have to do this individually for SMS, PIN, Email, etc.

Thanks jgutie!!
    No worries! Anytime. Glad you got everything working out!
    08-19-09 05:35 PM
    works--thanks
    08-20-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD