Bought phone used 1 time. (9530) is unlocked, but the trouble I am having is with voice mail. When the people call our number and leave voice mail for some reason it goes to the old voice mail number who owned the phone before. On the top of the phone on the screen it shows that number. How can I get rid of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:21 AM
    Bought phone used 1 time. (9530) is unlocked, but the trouble I am having is with voice mail. When the people call our number and leave voice mail for some reason it goes to the old voice mail number who owned the phone before. On the top of the phone on the screen it shows that number. How can I get rid of it?

Look at the call forwarding number and make sure it is att not verizons voicemail number. Good luck!

05-18-09 08:24 AM

It is still on the VZW network. Did you buy the phone from previous owner or someone else? Do you have an AT&T sim card in the phone and selected GSM?
    05-18-09 08:26 AM

05-18-09 08:32 AM
    options >phone options > vioce mail
    set your voice mail access number as your phone number and thats all you need to do

options> advanced options> sim card...type your number in there under phone number and save...OR
    options >phone options>general options..."show my number" set to NO...save and exit...that should show no number wherever the old number is annoying you at
    05-18-09 08:33 AM
    set your voice mail access number as your phone number and thats all you need to do

options> advanced options> sim card...type your number in there under phone number and save...OR
    ptions >phone options>general options..."show my number" set to NO...save and exit...that should show no number wherever the old number is annoying you at

Very good answer. A lot more detailed than mine.

05-18-09 08:36 AM
    It is not on the vzw network. It has a att 3G sim card and yes GSM is selected. I have tried it manually and automatically and still have the same problem. Everything works great except for this problem.

05-18-09 08:38 AM

options >phone options>general options..."show my number" set to NO...save and exit...that should show no number wherever the old number is annoying you at
    This option is not on Storms. For some reason RIM thought it was a good idea to drop that off the menu choices on 4.7.
    05-18-09 10:28 AM
    So what you are saying is that we can't change the voice mail options, to receive ow-er voice mail?
    01-10-10 09:01 AM
    Easy way to change the number is just ##000000. Change your number there and it will take care of the rest.
    01-10-10 09:31 AM
    OK I will try that Thank you!
    01-10-10 09:50 AM
    It is not on the vzw network. It has a att 3G sim card and yes GSM is selected. I have tried it manually and automatically and still have the same problem. Everything works great except for this problem.

Thank That di the trick!
    01-10-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD