Maybe you need to go reread my post. It's his fault for trusting that others will do their jobs.... and it bit the OP in the azz. The lable has a tracking number on it. Whenever I ship something I always track it myself to make sure it's been logged into the system. This way, I know about it long before some stupid person at VZW decides to deactivate my account. The point is, the OP could have saved themselves the headache of no phone today and for the next 24 hours (really, what's up with that?) by catching the issue before it became an issue.

I didn't flame them... the moral of the story... don't trust that someone's going to do their job to the best of their capacity.
    I agree +1000
    09-14-09 08:48 PM
    That's a good finishing.
    09-15-09 06:15 AM
    for the next 24 hours (really, what's up with that?)
    No idea, but sure enough around 8am today my phone started going apesh!t w/ emails and facebook updates.
    09-15-09 08:26 AM
    No idea, but sure enough around 8am today my phone started going apesh!t w/ emails and facebook updates.
    perhaps VZW saw this thread lol
    09-15-09 08:55 AM
    Actually the OP is very lucky that FedEx screwed up and even more lucky that they found his package.

Tip: Always take goods like this on RMA returns to the Fedex or UPS dropoffs that can issue a confirmation slip that proves you shipped it. Never use a drop box or pallet at your work. I always get confirmation. I found out they had this when I shipped the first Xbox 360 in. I wanted proof in case UPS got stupid or someone stole my package, etc.
    09-15-09 09:01 AM
    They should credit you one day off the bill for not having a phone.
    09-15-09 09:43 AM
    Thats why I goto the Verizon Store I walk out with a working phone, i sent one in throught tmobile and got same sort of thing since then I only do the store swap.
    09-15-09 10:37 AM
    Thats why I goto the Verizon Store I walk out with a working phone, i sent one in throught tmobile and got same sort of thing since then I only do the store swap.
    Well I asked if I could do that, like if I found the phone sitting in the bottom of a FedEx drop box or something, but they told me it had to be received by the warehouse, could not be returned to the store, which I found odd but whatever I don't work there.
    09-15-09 03:58 PM
    They should credit you one day off the bill for not having a phone.
    Why does Verizon owe him money because the shipping location made a mistake? Maybe the shipping store should pay for the missed service but not Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 06:43 PM
    Coop-- the reason why you can't return a warranty replacement to the store if it was shipped to you is because the warehouse is expecting to get the defective one back. Taking it to the store does nothing, since they have to ship it back too. And if it sits at the store for however long, it's not their responsibility since the customer was shipped the phone, and thus the customer is responsible for returning it in the required manner.

It is possible to return a phone to the store, however, if it's just a plain return/exchange such as if you bought it new and it was defective w/in the first 30 days.

~ ~ ~ ~

vatothe0 - I agree. Verizon made no mistake, the shipping center did. Also, the OP should have been tracking their package, just as Civic stated. I agree with her that there is also an air of responsibility on the customer to make cover their biscuits.

Any time I've shipped something back to Verizon, I always keep the customer copy of the return label for AT LEAST 30 days... and I check the shipping status after a few days to make sure all is well, noting the tracking slip with the date/time of return and the name on the signature proof (which I've noticed is always the same). After that, I make sure to check my bill charges for a couple months to make sure nothing was posted.
    Last edited by seVer916; 09-15-09 at 07:24 PM.
    09-15-09 07:22 PM
    this is the reason why i like ups better :P
    09-15-09 09:52 PM
    Had nothing to do with WHO was the shipper... It was the shipping center and whatever employee handled the package. It could have been anybody with any delivery company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 12:04 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD