Ok, I'm stumped. I can make a call but I cannot hear anything on my phone. The phone that I call rings but the person cannot hear me. When I receive a call the phone will vib and ring but when I answer the call I cannot hear anything and the person on the other end cannot hear me. All other functions (seem to) work. It will alert me with beeps and a vib when I get an email.

I have tried: battery pull, re-registered the phone, resent the service books.

It is almost like the phone is on a silent or mute setting. It is probably something really simple but I cannot figure it out. I was unable to find a similar problem searching the forums.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    08-27-09 10:52 PM
    Have you been using the headphones at all? The only thing that comes to my mind is that it is stuck in headset mode. This seems to happen, try putting the jack in and removing it slowly, or using a q-tip with the cotton removed to try and clean it out and jiggle it a bit.
    08-27-09 11:25 PM
    You might also try a wipe and reinstall of the OS
    08-27-09 11:29 PM
    You might also try a wipe and reinstall of the OS
    That is the last thing I wanted to hear.
    08-27-09 11:37 PM
    The phone thought it was plugged into the headset. I finally got it off by plugging and unplugging the earbuds very fast while making a call. I probably did it 10 or 15 times before it finally worked. I was calling voice mail so as to not bother anybody. The process did not work when I was not making a call.

One thing I learned is to NEVER walk into a Verizon store with an OS other than what it came installed with. Once they saw that I had .151 installed they almost laughed me out of the store.
    08-28-09 02:29 PM
    The phone thought it was plugged into the headset. I finally got it off by plugging and unplugging the earbuds very fast while making a call. I probably did it 10 or 15 times before it finally worked. I was calling voice mail so as to not bother anybody. The process did not work when I was not making a call.

One thing I learned is to NEVER walk into a Verizon store with an OS other than what it came installed with. Once they saw that I had .151 installed they almost laughed me out of the store.
    If it happens again another fix for this is to take a Q Tip and pull the cotton off one end and then put that in the jack. That will unstick it.
    08-28-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD