So I have my phone setup to only vibrate when in its holster but for some reason its still ringing when I get a text, bbm, email, phone call, vmail etc. I go into my sound profile and then I change the option for sound in holster to No but it still rings. If I remember correctly there was an option in the menus on my Curve to change the holster settings to lock, and also vibrate only. I looked in pretty much every menu to see if there was that option also for the Storm but cant find it. Is there something Im doing wrong? It used to work when I first got the Storm, but that was before I started messing around with the vibrate settings. Keep in mind I use the Normal sound profile and dont know if that matters or not. Please help me get these settings back to the way I have it set up, and only ring when its out of the holster. Thanks in advance for any help I get
    12-29-08 05:43 PM
    bump...anyone?? This is really annoying me
    12-29-08 08:48 PM
    I am having the same problem. Phone is set not to ring in holster and it does. I bought the OEM holster from Verizon, and have check it is still magnetized as my screen shuts off when I slide it in.
    I am running the latest official OS.

Any ideas?
    02-27-09 01:43 PM
    Sorry no answer but mine only vibrates even though it is set to ring! Dang phone! Maybe we should switch phones. Lol
    02-27-09 01:47 PM
    You have to set it for each of the items.

Messages, SMS, IM's, etc.
    02-27-09 01:59 PM
    You have to set it for each of the items.

Messages, SMS, IM's, etc.
    I have tried...no luck. Email, SMS, MSG, Phone all set to not ring in holster and all do when I have edited the "normal" profile.
    02-27-09 02:02 PM
    I just grabbed the OEM leather slip today.
    From what I can gather, the profiles still work the same way in the holster as they do outside, it's just that when the phone is in the holster it ALSO vibrates.

Personally, I think the holster action should REPLACE the profile one, but for now it seems that we'll have to change our profiles to vibrate only if we only want it to vibrate...only.
    02-27-09 03:56 PM
    I just grabbed the OEM leather slip today.
    From what I can gather, the profiles still work the same way in the holster as they do outside, it's just that when the phone is in the holster it ALSO vibrates.

Personally, I think the holster action should REPLACE the profile one, but for now it seems that we'll have to change our profiles to vibrate only if we only want it to vibrate...only.
    Yeh, I'm thinking the same thing.
    My curve would allow me to set all alerts to vibrate when in holster only. No sound. This was done by editing the "normal" profile.
    But the Storm doesn't do this.
    03-02-09 09:38 AM
    Does anyone think it is the OEM holster that is the problem? Does anyone have a different holster that the profiles work correctly on?
    03-24-09 01:43 PM
    the problem is with the OS. The Vibrate Only profile is a known issue and does not work. To get around this, you create a new profile, name it something like Vib2, and set it up so that the ringer is set to "Silent." Set your vibration parameters to how you want it to vibrate (in holster, out of holster, etc.) and you're all set.
    03-24-09 01:51 PM
    did this fix ur problem?
    03-24-09 06:12 PM
    This may or may not help...my hubby always text me while I was at work, even though I had the entire phone set to VIBRATE...so I went into his contact and changed his message level to vibrate...I haven't changed it since...hope this helps
    03-24-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD