i know this is NOT my phone cause my friend is having the same problems...

#1) occasionally, more often then not, I am getting text messages and they are not audibally alerting me...before you ask, yes the alert is set properly...

#2) you leave me a voicemail, I dont get notified...I have to goto visual voicemail and have it manually pull it down from the network...and yes before you ask, the message waiting indicator setting is set for on...

right now, on hold with a supervisor...

unreal...

anyone else having these issues?
    11-24-08 07:19 PM
    I have on weird issue which is I have a voicemail Icon that's been on my phone since I bought it, but no voice mails. I don't know how to reset it.
    11-24-08 07:21 PM
    Mine says I have 2voicemail I have none tried everything and tech support no luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:23 PM
    i know this is NOT my phone cause my friend is having the same problems...

#1) occasionally, more often then not, I am getting text messages and they are not audibally alerting me...before you ask, yes the alert is set properly...

#2) you leave me a voicemail, I dont get notified...I have to goto visual voicemail and have it manually pull it down from the network...and yes before you ask, the message waiting indicator setting is set for on...

right now, on hold with a supervisor...

unreal...

anyone else having these issues?
    Everyonce in a while, i'll see the LED light going off and notice I got a BBM message or email, but the phone never made a sound. I assume that's the same problem you're having. I've done battery pulls and it seems to resolve the problem, but that will definitely be an annoying way to fix in the long run....
    11-24-08 07:24 PM
    hmmm, make sure you DONT HAVE BEDSIDE MODE ON that will cause all theses problems.
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    hmmm, make sure you DONT HAVE BEDSIDE MODE ON that will cause all theses problems.
    where do I find that?
    11-24-08 07:28 PM
    Everyonce in a while, i'll see the LED light going off and notice I got a BBM message or email, but the phone never made a sound. I assume that's the same problem you're having. I've done battery pulls and it seems to resolve the problem, but that will definitely be an annoying way to fix in the long run....

ahhhh thank you !!! You really made my day by relating to what I am going through...

this son of a gun on the phone right now with me from VZW has a nasty tude...like he is taking this all personally...and this is a supervisor...

i will keep you posted...
    11-24-08 07:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem w not geting voicemails, well I got them it was just 2 days late
    11-24-08 07:29 PM
    ahhhh thank you !!! You really made my day by relating to what I am going through...

this son of a gun on the phone right now with me from VZW has a nasty tude...like he is taking this all personally...and this is a supervisor...

i will keep you posted...
    Please do cause this problem is FREAKIN' ANNOYING!!

... my fingers are crossed that this is something that can be fixed via the "supposed" update.
    11-24-08 07:30 PM
    I'm having the same problem w not geting voicemails, well I got them it was just 2 days late

if you goto visual voicemail, hit the menu button and manually retrieve them they will all come in...

so stupid, but whatever...

i am on hold again, keep you posted
    11-24-08 07:31 PM
    where do I find that?
    go to clock app and then options , and then exit bed side mode.. if this is on all the problems your having will be solved when you turn it off.
    11-24-08 07:31 PM
    I have found that the best way to correct this is to create a custom profile in the sounds module. You can even make it a duplicate of your favourite profile. I had this problem early on my first day & after fumbling around & just trying to see what would work & what would not.
    11-24-08 07:32 PM
    go to clock app and then options , and then exit bed side mode.. if this is on all the problems your having will be solved when you turn it off.

my bedside mode was off...so thats not it...but thanks for that post
    11-24-08 07:33 PM
    I have on weird issue which is I have a voicemail Icon that's been on my phone since I bought it, but no voice mails. I don't know how to reset it.
    Try this, call yourself and leave a voicemail. Then check the VM and delete it. If that doesnt work, try a battery pull. It happened on my 8830 and neither of the above worked for about a week. Then one day, I checked my VM, deleted it and voila the VM icon went away. No clue as to why it stays there though second time its happened.
    11-24-08 07:34 PM
    ahhh! nice idea, but nope, not set to bedside... unfortunately this isn't something that happens all the time, so my troubleshooting is kinda ineffective!

what i actually also just tried/ noticed is that my LED comes on about 1-2 seconds BEFORE the sound goes off. I KNOW that sometimes i've never ever heard the sound, but I also think other times and seen the LED, woken up the phone, and therefore 'cancelled' the sound as it was going off? Who knows... just thinking outloud....
    11-24-08 07:36 PM
    whats Bedside mode????
    11-24-08 07:40 PM
    wow...they rebuilt my voicemail...and NOW...i get an indicator butttttttttt Visual Voicemail doesnt communicate with the network...so its has to be the Visual Voicemail proggie itself...correct? or am i wrong?
    11-24-08 07:45 PM
    UPDATE :: EVERYTHING MENTIONED ABOVE RE: no voicemail indicators and text messages not alerting the phone audibaly is a KNOWN ISSUE with the engineers and now the supervisor just was asked to open another trouble ticket !!!!

ahahahaha Good job folks !!!
    11-24-08 08:03 PM
    Ok guys the way you fix this is pretty simple, though not obvious.

Go to Options --> Advanced --> Applications. In there, highlight the Visual Voicemail application and hit the menu key and chose Edit Permissions. From there, change the option to the right of connections to Allow (it will probably be set to custom by default). Expand the Interactions option and make sure everything but INput simulation, Broswer Filtering, and Security Timer Reset are set to Allow. Finally, change User Data to Allow.

Save your settings and try leaving yourself a voicemail, it should now work. If it still doesn't work, give it a battery pull and you'll be all set. Fixed two phones which were having this same problem doing this. Enjoy.
    11-24-08 08:16 PM
    I'm getting alerted randomly and it seems to be getting worse. I might get alerted once every 5 txt messages. Is this something I need to call about or is it not releated to indivdual handsets, and its a network problem??
    11-24-08 08:18 PM
    network problem...

and now i cant get rid of the voicemail indicator on my phone...GRRRRRRRRRRR
    11-24-08 08:21 PM
    I'm getting alerted randomly and it seems to be getting worse. I might get alerted once every 5 txt messages. Is this something I need to call about or is it not releated to indivdual handsets, and its a network problem??
    good freakin' question, cause i'm in the same boat! i'm hoping its a software program, and it will be resolved...
    11-24-08 08:25 PM
    just delete visual voice mail , makes the phone run smoother any ways
    11-24-08 08:27 PM
    i deleted visual voicemail and I still can't get rid of that voicemail icon that is telling me there is one in my box..
    11-24-08 08:28 PM
    my storm has the same texting alert problem. It's like it alerts me if it feels like it. I just made a profile and so far it has worked good
    11-24-08 08:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD