I've done .65 to .75 and now to .83 and each time my voice is muffled to the other person unless i use bluetooth or the speaker phone.

I've seen some users report that .83 gave them better phone quality but it didnt for me and this is my work phone so i need it to work for me...

i'll be calling customer service tomorrow, i might switch back to my curve until i get one that phone works fine.

PS. I love .83 update, the keyboard and speed is sweet!
    12-22-08 12:22 AM
    the lg dare sounds better than this phone. its terrible to say but it does.

the dare is landline quality.

something needs to be done.
    12-22-08 02:07 AM
    I have this problem as well and I have a new phone coming. But, I think I may have discovered something that may force me to cancel the replacement. I need some folks experiencing this problem to confirm my findings.

It seems that the voice quality is no longer muffled if I have some background noise. The way I test this is by calling my work voice mail system. If I leave a message with no background noise, my voice is very low and muffled with a lot of bass and no treble. But, with some background noise, it's better and there is more treble. For a test I started a fan next to me, and placed the phone right by the fan and left a voice mail. At work, our voice mails are delivered as .wav files into email. So it's easy for me to save them and play them back for comparison.

I need someone with the problem to confirm my findings. I am running the leaked .83 version.

(Please excuse me. I am going to post this in some other threads I'm monitoring about this problem.)
    12-22-08 03:57 PM
    A lot of background noise or just a little? but even if that works, that would mean you have to make noise everytime you make a call?
    12-22-08 04:47 PM
    I just tried it with a song playing in the background, called my work voice mail and my voice was worse plus i couldn't hear the song in the background.
    12-22-08 04:50 PM
    A lot of background noise or just a little? but even if that works, that would mean you have to make noise everytime you make a call?
    Good point. I will just carry a fan around me all the time!

I'm hoping that this is a software problem that may be fixed later. I know the hardware is functioning properly because I don't have this problem in speaker phone mode.
    12-22-08 04:57 PM
    I just got off the phone with verizon and they are shipping a phone overnight to me, hopefully this one works - i asked if i have the same problem what do i do then?

She said then i'll need to work with the tech reps and do some call traces etc etc... i think if they ask me to do that, i'll point them to the forums here and tell them it's not just me.

Anyways, it only took about 5 minutes for her to agree to the replacement.

I've switch back to my curve until the new phone comes, man it felt light and small in my hands!! LOL
    12-22-08 06:58 PM
    Good point. I will just carry a fan around me all the time!

LOL... so if we still a guy walking around with a storm in one hand and a fan in the other...
    12-22-08 07:00 PM
    the lg dare sounds better than this phone. its terrible to say but it does.

the dare is landline quality.

something needs to be done.
    I agree...had a Dare prior to the Storm. But a replacement Storm cleared all my muffled sounds. Happy Storm user now....well.....there are still problems.
    12-23-08 02:08 AM
    Woohoo! just got my new storm and it has fixed the muffled sounds, the wife says i'm normal now (as normal as can be!!)

Only played with the unit for a 10 minutes or so but i can't see any other issues, the unit came with .75 installed and was made in mexico and not canada like my first one....

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays! and a good new year!
    12-24-08 07:27 PM
    I have the same issues with mine... I just got off the phone with Verizon and my replacement is on the way .. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE with the first original builds..or at least thats what I was told..anyway got a new one coming shold be here tomarrow..
    12-30-08 06:53 PM
    I finally broke down a got a replacement. Problem solved. My voice is clear now.
    01-03-09 04:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD