Since I've had my Storm 9530 (December) I have only used a default tone for my message alert. Recently I decided to use Audacity and I clipped about a 3 second part of a song that sounds cool for an alert. The problem is that now when I get a text, my screen will not turn on for about 30 seconds since the message was received. So all I do is push the bottom buttons or the screen button only to see black and the blinking red LED. It eventually turns on and I can check it but it's just really inconvenient.

Again this is only with my .mp3 ringtone I added to the storm.

In addition, is there a way to get the phone to ring AND vibrate simultaneously? I think a momentary vibrate THEN a ringtone following is kind of stupid... Every phone I've previously owned had no problem performing both functions simultaneously.

Lastly, I'm on OS .113, the ringtone problem also occured on .109, and the vibrate then ring problem on every version.

Thanks!
    04-03-09 09:08 PM
    As for the ringtone issue, I would assume the .mp3 file you are using as the alert is corrupt in some way. Try remaking it and re-exporting from Audacity and try it again.

For the ring and vibrate together, there are a few 3rd party apps available that make this possible. It is not possible without one of them. Check in the 3rd Party Apps forum for them.
    04-03-09 09:10 PM
    Also, try moving the ringtone to the device memory (not on the 8G SD card).

BuzzMe is a free app that lets you do vibrate and ring at the same time. Check the free OTA apps sticky post.
    04-03-09 09:12 PM
    One of the 3rd party apps is called BuzzMe I believe...
    04-03-09 09:12 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick responses!
    04-03-09 09:17 PM
    Good idea to move it locally...what i've learned is that I need to wait for the ring to stop, wait a couple seconds, then check it...kinda annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 09:28 PM
    Also, try moving the ringtone to the device memory (not on the 8G SD card)

i have the *same* problem.

how would i move a ringtone from the card to the phone?
    04-03-09 09:32 PM
    I moved my ringtone to the phone but it doesn't show it in the ringtones list and won't let me browse to it...some help here?

04-03-09 09:34 PM
    how did you do that?
    04-03-09 09:52 PM
    Load up the media app, hit BB button, then choose explore...you can then browse for it, choose move, and put it on the phone...can't get it to work from there tho

04-03-09 10:23 PM
    When you plug the phone in, without launching DM, Windows should "mount" two new virtual drives. One is the media card, one is the phone's internal storage. Copy/paste from the media card to the correct folder in the phone.
    04-03-09 10:25 PM
    When you plug the phone in, without launching DM, Windows should "mount" two new virtual drives. One is the media card, one is the phone's internal storage. Copy/paste from the media card to the correct folder in the phone.
    I think you also have to set Mass Storage mode to on/auto.
    04-04-09 02:06 AM
    Yes thats true, you should verify its on. I think mine was on by default but I'm not positive. It needs to be on for that to work though
    04-04-09 02:13 AM
    Man. I am still having the problem.. I moved it to device memory and same deal... I tried another mp3 and same problem :/

If anyone has the same problem and knows a remedy I'd love to know.

Thanks everyone
    04-04-09 02:28 AM
    My solution is to wait a few seconds after the sound plays...annoying but it seems to work.

04-04-09 03:14 AM
    I have this using a default bb alert. It will happen if the phone is dark. It wil also happen if i have a message I have not viewed and the phone rings.

04-04-09 03:23 AM
    im havign this issue too for the longest time.!!! so does this mean i just cant put personalized ringtones? because everytime it rings it locks up and i cant press anything for almost a minute..AARRRRGH it drives me crazy..I know Crackberry has an answer to most anything to do with BB so please someone HELP US!!!
    06-18-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD