Okay.. Granted.. havent TOUCHED the sim card. Dont knwo WHAT the issue is. What should I do?
    12-22-08 09:43 AM
    Same problem. Sometimes it says SIM card rejected, other times I don't see the notification. What gives?
    12-22-08 09:45 AM
    Make sure you're on .75 or .76 for the OS and change your network settings from Global to XEV only. SIM card reject message tend to happen when you're tower hopping to another carrier's GSM network.
    12-22-08 09:46 AM
    Did you guys see if it was secure in the phone?
    12-22-08 09:46 AM
    Not really sure the cause or reason for it, but it doesn't effect anything. The sim card for verizon -- as far as I know -- doesn't do anything since verizon doesn't use sim cards. You can even take it out and the phone still works fine. It's happened to my phone before but if you reset it (battery pull not needed) then it goes back to normal.
    12-22-08 09:53 AM
    did you loosen the screws on the back?
    12-22-08 10:28 AM
    to fix the issue , call Customer Service and ask for Global Support to register your SIM Card...

it will fix the issue...
    12-22-08 10:30 AM
    I registered the card..now it wont recieve notifications and messages
    12-22-08 10:34 AM
    I had this issue as well. But since I upgraded, it seems to have gone away.

I called Verizon Blackberry Tech support, and their genius answer was "If you don't travel, you don't need it, so remove the card."

BRILLIANT. LOL
    12-22-08 10:36 AM
    I've registered my sim card via customer Service... and since then... I havent had ANY service on my phone. NO messages have come through.. NADA. Basically walking around with a useless phone..
    12-22-08 11:06 AM
    Like someone mentioned above, did you loosen to the screws to help the screen click better? Mine started to do that after I did the screen fix, it would even get as bad as not see the media card. Since I tightened them back up no problems.
    12-22-08 11:15 AM
    What does the screen click have to do with me getting NO service on my phone?
    12-22-08 11:30 AM
    I also get a "Not a valid SIM card" message when I go to options>advanced>SIM CARD

Is this because I haven't registered the card?
    12-22-08 11:38 AM
    If you're on Verizon, you can just take the SIM card out. I kept getting the message as well. Call CS to register the card. Worked for about 2 weeks. then tried the screw trick, then got the message gain. So I just took the card out. You don't need it anyways, if you're on Verizon's network.
    12-22-08 12:02 PM
    Make sure you're on .75 or .76 for the OS and change your network settings from Global to XEV only. SIM card reject message tend to happen when you're tower hopping to another carrier's GSM network.
    In case you didn't see this.
    12-22-08 12:56 PM
    yup i live in brooklyn so everytime i go in a tunnel from a subway i tend to get that message just recently called them up hopefully i fix the problem the guy said to me that another way is to take out the battery and take out the verizon card for a min and than put it back in but i decided to activate my sim too just to be positive
    12-22-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD