I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if this is an OS or hardware related issue. This phone is running .141 and had 15megs free memory at the time.
    The chain of events is this:
    Started to write sms and after pressing a letter there was a lag of 20 secs or more before the letter was typed and then it was duplicated eg aaaaaa. The screen started to look blocky with the top quarter overlaying the bottom.
    I clicked on return to exit out and the screen went black.
    Did a battery pull, tried again to compose and the same happened again.
    Another battery pull, this time when when the box came up to enter my sim code I pressed a number key and the phone locked up.
    Did a battery pull, got the red led and then the screen went that lovely pixellated fuzzy effect.
    Did a battery pull and booted in safe mode, phone booted up to the desktop then locked up completely.
    Did a battery pull and got the fuzzy screen again.....
    Left the phone alone last night with the battery out and tried again this morning but no better than before.
    This is my original Storm bought last December, and so far has had no major problems, it's weird that this happened so suddenly, what you guys think?
    Many Thanks,
    Doug
    08-21-09 05:42 AM
    You could try wiping and see if reloading the software again may help. That just sounds like a super weird problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD