My storm stopped receiving or dialing out calls today. I can receive and send text's, emails, and browse the net so I know I have service and the radio is working. I have tried just about everything I can think of or know. I have had the storm since its release date. I am currently running .85. I love this thing, have been extremely happy with it.. But... I need to be able to call out. I can see when someone calls me.. I can answer, but cannot hear anything. The phone isn't muted. I can dial out, it says connected but cannot hear anything. Ring tone nothing. I can play music, hear alarms and announcements..... The only thing that doesn't work is the phone.. Anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!
    01-02-09 10:08 PM
    Does your speaker work? If you put it on speakerphone does it work?
    01-02-09 10:11 PM
    no... it won't even give me the option of having speakerphone. It's almost like its connected to a bluetooth device... but there is no bluetooth device connected and I have bluetooth turned off!
    01-02-09 10:13 PM
    no... it won't even give me the option of having speakerphone. It's almost like its connected to a bluetooth device... but there is no bluetooth device connected and I have bluetooth turned off!
    did u ever pair your phone with any device(car kit of some sort, laptop...)?
    01-02-09 10:17 PM
    What about s wired headset? Sometimes I've seen phoned get stuck in wired mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:48 PM
    I have paired with a bluetooth before... I am not at my house so I know I am not near any of those and bluetooth is completely off...... I have never used a wired headset so that can't be the issue either... I did a wipe and a fresh install and still nothing.. I am taking it in tomorrow to a store and hopefully I am able to either get it figured out or a new one..
    01-03-09 01:02 AM
    Return it, my 2nd or 3rd (lost track) did the same thing. If you slap it hard on the backside near the speakers the sound may come in intermittently.
    Just get a new one, hardware issues suck. No software or OS will fix it.
    01-03-09 01:40 AM
    remove the battery and then restart it. if you still having the same problem, get rid of it.
    01-03-09 02:36 AM
    Is there a little headset icon near the call timer? If so, then you're stuck in headset mode. I had this problem in .85. Others have reported the same issue. My only recourse was to downgrade to .75. Do a search, someone claims to have solutions for this. I will just wait for the official OS to be released.
    01-03-09 09:06 AM
    i solved the issue the other night right after my last post... It was stuck in wired headset mode... I solved it by plugging my headphones in and unplugging repeatedly a few times... This solved the issue... I was told by an online tech to take it in and get it replaced... I am not sure what to do.. I'm still in limbo. Thanks!
    01-05-09 02:44 PM
    isn't that what I said? Unless there is damage, replace it.

01-05-09 02:57 PM
    isn't that what I said? Unless there is damage, replace it.

yes that is what you said...but i didn't read your post until today...as I was out of town with no internet coverage. Thanks for your help...
    01-05-09 08:50 PM
    Sorry for being a *****... Was a long night. Glad to help.

01-05-09 08:53 PM
    No worries... no offense taken. And I completely understand.I am on 8 hours over two days...
    01-05-09 09:36 PM
    rynoondew just to be sure try this...this is a link of what i think is the same problem or at least similar to my own http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/help-help-help-122481/

hope it helps...
    cheers
    01-06-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD