I've tried researching this extensively but I'm having trouble finding anyone with a similar issue. All of the battery drain issues seem to be related to apps. Mine is a little different. I see huge battery drain just on phone calls.

On standby, using the browser, etc I get pretty decent battery life. On days when I haven't used the phone at all I've seen maybe 10-15% drain which to me is pretty decent. The 3rd Party apps I'm running are Ubertwitter (auto updates turned off), Facebook, IM+, Flickr, and Meterberry. All apps are kept closed when not in use except for IM+ but that seems to barely affect the battery and again the issue doesn't seem to be app related.

Where my battery life is downright atrocious however is phone calls. I seem to average at least 1% loss during calls but usually much more. It's not unusual for me to see 5 or 10% loss on even short, one or two minute calls. And today for instance I made a 30 second call to my wife that just rang and she never actually picked up. I lost 4% just from that. (Based on Meterberry readings.)

I got the Storm the day it came out in November and am now on my 3rd phone and 3rd battery and still have the same issue. I am at my wit's end with this. I've had various smartphones (Treo 600, 650, 755p and a BB Curve) in the last five years and have never experienced such awful battery life from any of them.

I've tried draining the battery to recalibrate, let it charge for 12 hours+, reduced screen brightness to 10%, shut off GPS, Bluetooth, and set the network to 1XEV only. Basically every solution I've been able to find on here and elsewhere I've tried.

Is anyone else getting decent battery life except on calls? Any other solutions I can try?
    08-21-09 07:31 PM
    I have the same problem.. using sms all day i have great battery life, but a 2 min phone call I lose half a bar of battery life. I was thinking of getting a new battery but you said you've tried three so I don't think thats the problem.
    08-21-09 08:38 PM
    Calls r heavy usage...can be 20%/hr. Ur meterberry reading may have included activity other than 30sec call.

On VZW u can do provisioning/PRL update w/cell towers via dialing *22899. Idk re other carriers.
    08-23-09 11:47 AM
    Perhaps you folks wave overcome this issue by now, if so how did you doit? I'm having same issue, ever since updating to 167 on my storm. average % drop since upgrade has been 1% every half hour (checking with meterberry) up it goes when I make a phone call. All the calls have been test calls less than 30sec. the drop is anywhere from 2%-4%. I've had the update for 6 days and it's been great all systems go. (except the phone call drain) so if anyone is in the know about how to overcome this please give me your help Thank You. hope you folks who posted here have occasion to visit this thread soon.
    09-09-09 04:49 AM
    Try resending service books. This fixes lots of issues including battery for me. Look in my thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 04:54 AM
    Phone calls are ALWAYS a drain on the battery!
    09-09-09 08:42 AM
    Shoot, that was quick response, WhoolioPrelude I'll have a go at the resend thing thanks, And PkCable **** you remond me of a linebacker all over the field, thats a good thing, provided you're on my team. Now I did the *22899 thing after I posted earlier looks as though the phone got riled up, pissed off would be more accurate, draining a slight amount more, now before I do anything else to this joker I'd ask ya whats exceptable or the battery drop rate, and would it help if I kept the joker in the holster"otterbox", thinkind the magnet might slow it up a-bit Pk anyone , Thanks forward. I haven't been using the phone since the *22899 correction
    Last edited by speedmerchant; 09-09-09 at 10:01 AM. Reason: forgot to mention
    09-09-09 09:59 AM
    Try resending service books. This fixes lots of issues including battery for me. Look in my thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do I find your thread that you referenced? I am suddenly having the phone-call battery drain issue. Thanks
    05-25-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD