i get what ur saying but thats alot of money especially when vz has a 1yr warrenty so if anything does happen to it which i dont think it will bc i got it a few days after the release i can just get a diff one..dont care if its a refurb as long as it works. but hey if u have the money to throw around do it! i just dont im broke as a joke and somehow have to buy christmas presents
    12-10-08 08:55 PM
    WOW......i would never pay that much for this phone....or for any phone ever! Why don't you just put insurance on the damn phone? $1500.....really? come on man, you just got walked all over.
    12-10-08 08:56 PM
    Please remember in the end I pay only $500 for the phone. I am out so much right now because I have so many phones in play. I think people think I am paying $1500 for the phone and that is not the case. Sorry if I worded it in a confusing way.
    12-10-08 08:59 PM
    oh ok. why didnt u get a another 2 year contract? that would have put u at 200 with a 50 dollar rebate.
    12-10-08 09:07 PM
    Not sure why you are paying anything for a replacement phone.

My replacement phone was a white box phone. My invoice had the $499.99 price as one line item followed by Disc -499.99 as the next line item. The order total was $0.00
    12-10-08 09:08 PM
    Please remember in the end I pay only $500 for the phone. I am out so much right now because I have so many phones in play. I think people think I am paying $1500 for the phone and that is not the case. Sorry if I worded it in a confusing way.
    Ok damn I was going to say you're wasting a **** of a lot of money but paying full retail price at a time when you can't upgrade isn't a bad idea if you really want the phone...I was under the impression that you spent over $1500.

Gotcha
    12-10-08 09:12 PM
    I dont understand Best Buy or not.... you should have a manufacture warranty on it... and if you continue going back you should still get a replacement everytime until it works PROPERLY.

I bought my the day it came out and now that my g/f has one too i realized my screen is way worse than what i thought in means of how it clicks... got on with VZ CS and a BRAND NEW one is being sent and as long as i send the old one back within 10 days i will not be charged...
    12-10-08 09:16 PM
    Not sure why you are paying anything for a replacement phone.

My replacement phone was a white box phone. My invoice had the $499.99 price as one line item followed by Disc -499.99 as the next line item. The order total was $0.00
    Sweet.. two reps charged me the same thing $499.99. But then again most people haven't had to go through as many phones as me either. I think I am just unlucky. I guess I could yell and swear and insist I talk to managers but that is not my way. They say i have to pay, I ask if there is any way around it, they say no sorry and I pay. No reason to get all worked up IMO. Not to say I am not upset by it or I wouldn't be here venting a little
    12-10-08 09:17 PM
    I dont understand Best Buy or not.... you should have a manufacture warranty on it... and if you continue going back you should still get a replacement everytime until it works PROPERLY.

Best Buy can't give me what they don't have. And as I have said a couple times, I could get one for free under warranty but it would be a brown box and they could not guarantee it was new. Not to say it isn't new just that there is a chance it wouldn't be. I am not ok with that.
    12-10-08 09:21 PM
    that shouldnt happen...
    12-10-08 09:24 PM
    I might of been lucky.

I called in my issue through tech support. Not normal customer service.

The rep did have to put me on hold two times while ordering my replacement because he was unsure on how to place the order.

They didn't break any speed records getting me a new phone. I called in the issue on November 26th and the replacement didn't arrive until December 8th...
    12-10-08 09:25 PM
    So phone #3 arrived today and woohoo look at that there is a spot which looks like a suction cup right in the middle of the screen. I made sure I removed all screen covers and tried cleaning it with an alcohol swab but no joy.

I called customer service and they are sending me another phone. Again, to guarantee I got a new phone vs a refurb I paid for yet another phone. So I have:
    1 phone from best buy $500
    My replacement for that phone that got here today $500
    Just ordered another replacement $500.

So I am sitting here $1500 out of pocket and have yet to get a 100% functioning device

To get my money back I am going to best buy now to return the one that I have from there for $500. Then when my replacement gets here I have to ship the one I have here back to VZW and they will credit me back the $500 for that purchase. What a pain!
    If you would READ you would see I did that.
    Actually, I read very well. It's YOUR post (quoted) that prompted my question. Now, if you would like to notice what TIME I posted, you'll see (maybe) that we were BOTH typing something at nearly the same time so it's very possible I NEVER saw your explanation about Best Buy.

& on another note.... you dont have to be a J*E*R*K about it to me or anyone else that happens to share the same thought regarding how ridiculous this all sounds. It's YOU thats bragging about how much you've spent in phones only to want to clean it up & clarify once it appears what you've been saying makes no sense to many that have read it.
    12-10-08 09:25 PM
    Ouch. Keep on truckin brother until you get one that works!
    12-10-08 09:26 PM
    Well I guess I did get lucky on the delivery. I ordered on the 6th and they told me it would ship on the 15th but it got here today. Woohoo, maybe things are turning for the better
    12-10-08 09:27 PM
    Actually, I read very well. It's YOUR post (quoted) that prompted my question. Now, if you would like to notice what TIME I posted, you'll see (maybe) that we were BOTH typing something at nearly the same time so it's very possible I NEVER saw your explanation about Best Buy.

& on another note.... you dont have to be a J*E*R*K about it to me or anyone else that happens to share the same thought regarding how ridiculous this all sounds. It's YOU thats bragging about how much you've spent in phones only to want to clean it up & clarify once it appears what you've been saying makes no sense to many that have read it.
    Really, I am bragging? You think I am going "Ya BABY I spent $1500 and now I can go be the cool kid on crackberry". I think not. I am unhappy and venting. I guess you can take it as bragging if you like but I have yet to see anyone be impressed by the fact I have spent so much. More so the opposite.

As for being a J*E*R*K it is more being defensive. Again, I think you are perceiving what I am saying incorrectly. I apologies if I hurt your feelings or offended you in some way.

As for clarifying. I think I have tried to reply to anything that people do not seem clear on.
    Last edited by Primate; 12-10-08 at 09:33 PM.
    12-10-08 09:31 PM
    If I had that much disposable income I would certainly not be spending it on Storms.....

to each their own, I suppose.
    12-10-08 10:13 PM
    It isn't disposable really. If I wasn't getting it back I would not be spending it.
    12-10-08 10:25 PM
    WTF... if you are going to reply at least read the post before doing so. It is $250 if you are on an NE2 or a new customer if your not you pay full retail. I really do not understand why people have a hard time with this.
    shoulda asked for the 1 year pricing through lost/stolen program..

as long as you have full access all you have to do is call customer service and they will honor the pricing.

I only paid 290 since they gave me the rebate in-store saving me having to mail it in.
    12-10-08 10:27 PM
    I am not familiar with the lost and stolen program. Is it something where you say you lost your old phone and you want the storm at a 2 year price? If so, I did not loose my curve nor did it get stolen so I could not really claim it was.
    Last edited by Primate; 12-10-08 at 10:48 PM.
    12-10-08 10:44 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD