So phone #3 arrived today and woohoo look at that there is a spot which looks like a suction cup right in the middle of the screen. I made sure I removed all screen covers and tried cleaning it with an alcohol swab but no joy.

I called customer service and they are sending me another phone. Again, to guarantee I got a new phone vs a refurb I paid for yet another phone. So I have:
    1 phone from best buy $500
    My replacement for that phone that got here today $500
    Just ordered another replacement $500.

So I am sitting here $1500 out of pocket and have yet to get a 100% functioning device

To get my money back I am going to best buy now to return the one that I have from there for $500. Then when my replacement gets here I have to ship the one I have here back to VZW and they will credit me back the $500 for that purchase. What a pain!
    12-10-08 06:55 PM
    when i called to get a replacement phone I made sure it wouldnt be a refurbed phone and they swore up and down it would not be since its brand new...may want to talk to cc? dunno if this changed in the last week or so...
    12-10-08 06:58 PM
    I just called them up and told them to give me a new phone. They said okay and sent me a new phone 2 days later.
    12-10-08 07:11 PM
    why are you paying 500 a piece?? and why arent they charging you IF you dont return the non-working storm within 10 days or whatever?? ... sounds wrong compared to all other posters
    12-10-08 07:15 PM
    The replacements I am getting are the entire white box retail setup. I don't trust those brown box phone only exchanges.
    12-10-08 07:16 PM
    The replacements I am getting are the entire white box retail setup. I don't trust those brown box phone only exchanges.
    i dont either....i went through 4 lg dare's in a row that way...all with a different problem.
    12-10-08 07:19 PM
    I got the brown box. It was new, better than my original, and works. Best of all...didnt cost me a single dime.
    12-10-08 07:23 PM
    WTF didn't you walk into a BestBuy and put your hands on a replacement in the first place? They could have swapped it within their 30 day store window? Sounds to me like you're going to have to start putting your hands on a phone prior to getting another phone. It's your only option. You may have to at this time just return the phones and go back to what you had before and just not pick up another Storm until they have them in stock at all VZW stores and you can touch it before you buy it.
    12-10-08 07:26 PM
    Is this why they made me pay for another phone? I just asked my friend that sold me the original storm to get me a replacement and he said they are going to charge my account for a new one and than credit it back to me once I return to the original one to the store. I didn't realize it was because he was making sure I wasn't getting a refurb.
    12-10-08 07:32 PM
    Why would you call verizon for a phone you just purchased at best buy? Go into best buy and get it replaced. Bring everything with you and they hand you a new phone brand new in box!!!
    12-10-08 07:43 PM
    Who pays $500 to start with anyway?
    Renew the contract or something....

$100 for mine.
    12-10-08 08:35 PM
    wow at you paying 1500 when you didnt have to pay period.
    12-10-08 08:36 PM
    And yet your white box method has cost you $1500 and 3 phones.. You sir, are brilliant.
    12-10-08 08:39 PM
    I did my first exchange at BB but they were out of stock when I went to do my second so I had to go to VZW for a warranty replacement or I could come back when then had some in stock and swap them out.

I have to pay $500 because I am paying full retail. I don't have an NE2 upgrade option.

As for waiting until I can do a hands on before purchasing... If this one does not work out then I think I am giving up on the storm. All my returns were legitimate defects so I really want to get a fully working unit before I give up but I think 4 phones is enough.
    12-10-08 08:41 PM
    And yet your white box method has cost you $1500 and 3 phones.. You sir, are brilliant.
    Thanks! I like to think so. I guess I could just go with the free refurb and swear up and down it is BRAND NEW. Nahh... I will pay the money and make sure it is new.
    12-10-08 08:43 PM
    Who pays $500 to start with anyway?
    Renew the contract or something....

$100 for mine.
    Yeah, I'm not understanding the purchase price at all. $499.99 is full retail price. Did you sign a contract in order to get the phone?
    If the 1st phone was bad and came from Best Buy, why didnt you just take it back for a FREE exchange?
    If the 1st phone was bad and came from Best Buy, why didnt you just take it back for a FREE exchange?
    If you would READ you would see I did that.
    12-10-08 08:45 PM
    they charged me 250$ and then will reimburse when they get their phone back dunno why they charge u 500
    12-10-08 08:47 PM
    Thanks! I like to think so. I guess I could just go with the free refurb and swear up and down it is BRAND NEW. Nahh... I will pay the money and make sure it is new.
    My phone came in the brown box and works amazing!! got it a few days after i got my 1st 1(21st) so i highly doubt they even had any phones to refurb and if they did lie who cares cause ive got a phone that works great!!! but u can spend all that money if thats what u want. Just remember im only on my 2nd phone and it works perfect but ur on what # phone again??? not tryin to be mean but really think about it!
    12-10-08 08:49 PM
    WTF... if you are going to reply at least read the post before doing so. It is $250 if you are on an NE2 or a new customer if your not you pay full retail. I really do not understand why people have a hard time with this.
    12-10-08 08:50 PM
    i dont want to read nor do i have to =P do somethin about it?
    12-10-08 08:51 PM
    still think ur not tellin the whole truth here
    12-10-08 08:51 PM
    let him keep payin 500 he'll never get a perfect one lol
    12-10-08 08:53 PM
    My phone came in the brown box and works amazing!! got it a few days after i got my 1st 1(21st) so i highly doubt they even had any phones to refurb and if they did lie who cares cause ive got a phone that works great!!! but u can spend all that money if thats what u want. Just remember im only on my 2nd phone and it works perfect but ur on what # phone again??? not tryin to be mean but really think about it!
    Yea my second phone worked perfect also... for a couple weeks then it took a dump. Just personal preferance I guess. If I purchase a device i want to KNOW it is new not THINK it is new.
    12-10-08 08:53 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD