I have my storm protected by PhantomSkinz now for about a week and it couldn't be better. Installing went without a hitch, as long as you wait for the parts that cover the chrome to dry before you stick on. The skins have no texture to them, unlike IS and BSE. I never had experience with GA so I'm not sure there. Also unlike IS and BSE PhantomSkinz isn't as tacky, so when you put it on the screen your finger slides just like it was on the screen. I have had to problems with sensitivity too. I have been using the desktop charger and it fits just fine with out modification its just a little snug. The Seidio holster works great too with out messing up the skin.

There CS is great also. I had just found a dead pixel on my storm and they said they could send me a new full body skin since I had to have a warranty replacement.

All in All very happy with the PhantomSkinz as protection on my phone and as a company.
    12-11-08 06:53 AM
    I've had PS on my phone for about a week also. I've always used BSE for my other phones, and my kids' phones. You're right, the PS doesn't have the tacky feeling like the BSE, your finger does glide across the screen nicely. I did get an IS skin for my storm, it's in the box still. What I noticed is that the PS wraps around the corners of the phone, on the chrome part. I don't think that it does that with the IS at all. I like the PS skin!
    12-11-08 06:58 AM
    I have never skinned any of my other devices, until now. I decided to go with PhantomSkinz because I read his thread on this forum. I couldn't be happier! Excellent product!
    I was using the rubber/silicone case and now I no longer use it. It still works great with the holster I use too (my old 8330 holster)
    12-11-08 07:07 AM
    Dont forget to use the promo for a free extra screen skin...

Phantom Skinz - Holiday Special
    12-11-08 07:51 AM
    I went with PS based on the reviews on this board. I'm new to skins in general. Overall, not bad but I'm not 100% happy either. I'm very good with these sorts of projects and I would say it was still pretty difficult. I had to use 2 back pieces that go up the sides. I think it would be better if this piece was less complicated/broke down into 3 pieces.

I'm also not sold on the feel of it just yet (did it last night). I can feel the edges/seams while handling the device. Also, my screen isn't totally clear but I'm hoping that goes away in the next 12-24 hours. I had a **** of a time with the wings that wrap around the chrome. Where it transitions from the back of the phone to the wing it wants to have a small bubble/bump there. That is why I gave it a second shot. I was successful for the most part on the 2nd try but there is still just a small bump in the transition where it won't stick.

I'll post back up after I have some time with it, my opinion may change. But so far I give this a B-. Maybe I'm just not cut out for a skin phone, not saying it's the PS specifically.

Ken
    12-17-08 07:11 AM
    For the part that won't stick on the S chrome part. Just take a hair dryer to it for a few seconds so it gets hot and then hold some force on it for like 15 seconds, it should stick then
    12-17-08 07:13 AM
    I was trying to install this thing tonight and man is it tough. Someone please PM me tips on how to do this without trouble. PLEASSE
    12-17-08 08:10 PM
    For the part that won't stick on the S chrome part. Just take a hair dryer to it for a few seconds so it gets hot and then hold some force on it for like 15 seconds, it should stick then

I did. There is still a very small part of the 'armpit' that isn't sticking. I re did my screen and it's much better.

Definitely the whole process was more difficult than I thought it would be and I'm still on the fence on how I like the final product.
    12-18-08 07:59 AM
    I also pulled the trigger on the Phantomskinz based on the glowing reviews on this website, plus Guru's good customer support.

However, I'm also on the fence about the product. To put it in perspective, I've never used one of these skins before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but man was it a P I T A. I mean, bad... The people who say it's not hard must be surgeons. I tried to install the back piece first (the one that covers the bottom, and wraps around the sides) and that one was by far the hardest. I ruined my first one.

Like someone above this pointed out, you can really feel the seams on it, particularly the ones that wrap around the chrome on the front. Overall, not bad though.

I still have little "micro bubbles" under some of the skin, after about 20 hours since install. I've read accounts that these go away. I'll re-post if they do. Anyone have a similar experience with very tiny bubbles, and if so, how long should I wait for the bubbles to clear up?

Overall, I think it's a high quality skin. The cutout for the Blackberry logo on the back is a very nice touch IMO. I'm just not sure skins are for me (screw the scratches. Get insurance). But if they are for you, I'd buy this one.
    12-19-08 01:25 PM
    Wow, I'm amazed to hear that people had problems with this. I've never skinned anything before, but I thought this was a breeze. I took my time, because I wanted it right, and it only took about 30 minutes. As for the corners and curved areas; you need the skin to be a bit less wet, and you may need to hold the piece in place firmly for 3-5 minutes EACH, then they stick just fine.

As I said, take your time. I still had micro-bubbles for a few days but they worked themselves out. I'm totally sold on the product and the install. I can't wait for them to make a skin for my new MacBook!!

If you're having problems, contact the company, they were great!!
    12-19-08 01:40 PM
    I was thinking about getting a set of these, but I haven't seen any mention about removing them later. Do they come off in the future easily without damaging anything?
    12-19-08 01:46 PM
    They claim they come off without damage. Sounds like you can heat it up with a hair dryer (on low, with a reasonable distance obviously), and peal it off with no residue. I haven't seen anyone post on that yet. I'd be a bit concerned about the one on the screen, and the front buttons, as they are "vulnerable", as you know.
    12-19-08 02:00 PM
    I also pulled the trigger on the Phantomskinz based on the glowing reviews on this website, plus Guru's good customer support.

However, I'm also on the fence about the product. To put it in perspective, I've never used one of these skins before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but man was it a P I T A. I mean, bad... The people who say it's not hard must be surgeons. I tried to install the back piece first (the one that covers the bottom, and wraps around the sides) and that one was by far the hardest. I ruined my first one.

Like someone above this pointed out, you can really feel the seams on it, particularly the ones that wrap around the chrome on the front. Overall, not bad though.

I still have little "micro bubbles" under some of the skin, after about 20 hours since install. I've read accounts that these go away. I'll re-post if they do. Anyone have a similar experience with very tiny bubbles, and if so, how long should I wait for the bubbles to clear up?

Overall, I think it's a high quality skin. The cutout for the Blackberry logo on the back is a very nice touch IMO. I'm just not sure skins are for me (screw the scratches. Get insurance). But if they are for you, I'd buy this one.
    It was my first time applying anything like this on any phone. I have the BSE product on mine and it took me about 2 hours to install. It just takes a lot of patience but it can be done. over 72 hours most, if not all, my bubbles disappeared. give it more time as it may still need to dry.
    12-19-08 02:05 PM
    how many days does it take for the stuff to dry or the adhesive to disappear?
    12-19-08 02:09 PM
    As I stated before it's like window tints. They say that it takes a full 72 hours to completely dry. I noticed bubbles disappearing over those 72 hours and now my BSE skin looks badass.
    12-19-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD