Can other people post pictures of their Storm so i can compare? That would be great. Thanks!

Wow- I love my Storm. After being a long time iPod Touch owner and reading these forums everyday (at school ) i was worried I had made the wrong choice with all the problems Storms have had.

After using it all day today I can honestly say I see myself with this phone till the next comes out. I only have a few questions that i am kinda worried about:

• There is a thin space around the screen that makes it look as if the screen isnt positioned in right. I know that the screen is one big button and needs to move a little....but is there supposed to be a notable space?
    • That space "problem" is also around the buttons on the bottom. You can see light coming from around the buttons as well. This normal?
    • The screen itself is practically perfect. After long use though i can tell it isnt clicking the right button each and every time but its not enough to be a problem.

It was shipped with 6.5 (i think thats right..its the 6 one) and i upgraded to 7.5 right away. I can tell a positive difference in performance. Also made in Mexico.

Im worried that a replacement would be worse and that it wouldnt show any positive difference.
    12-25-08 07:28 PM
    I honestly think the problems that you think you have are normal. I have those same issues with my phone and see it as being normal. Since the phone hasnt been out so long, You cant really compare it to another to see if theres a diffrence. It doesnt bother me really. I understand the glass is a big button and it needs to have that slight gap. The buttons are actually made seperatly and put on seperatly except the back and blackberry button which is one big button. There should be a slight gap around them. Dont worry about it my friend. Just enjoy your new Storm!!!!

12-25-08 07:32 PM
    Im also going to the Verizon Store Tuesday to swap numbers and everything with my sister. If i do need a replacement would they possible be able to do it there?
    12-25-08 07:33 PM
    If they have some in stock yes maybe. But it doesn't sound like anything is actually wrong with your device. You can try and get a replacement though.
    12-25-08 07:34 PM
    yeah just dont download unnecessary apps or youll find your phone to get rather slow
    12-25-08 07:34 PM
    yeah just dont download unnecessary apps or youll find your phone to get rather slow
    No this isn't true. You will see after looking around the forums more, that some people have no issues whatsoever with their device. Some do. It's completely device specific.
    12-25-08 07:36 PM
    If they have some in stock yes maybe. But it doesn't sound like anything is actually wrong with your device. You can try and get a replacement though.
    The guy who is helping me out is actually a really nice guy. He has helped us out over at sprint before and has since moved to Verizon. In fact, he got me the storm for $199 instead of $499-$599 because i was not eligable for an upgrade.

If everyone thinks it is normal though Im happy
    12-25-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD