I've browsed around a few places.. checked my phone settings.. made sure nothings set to vibrate.. Should I call VZW and see if it's something they know how to address? Anyone with any advice?

Problem: Wife or friend calls my cell.. (9530/VZW running .114) and by the time I hear a ring and grab for it, it's gone to voicemail - wife is like "why the **** don't you answer your phone?" and tells me it rang like 4 or 5 times yet I heard one .. maybe two..

Any advice would be great.. and save me from hearing the misses

Jeff
    03-16-09 01:25 PM
    get the program buzzme and it will make your phone ring at the start instead of vibrating first.
    03-16-09 01:32 PM
    Err .... I have vibrate totally OFF though .. I just want it to ring right off, and not after someone on the other ends' gotten 2 or three before I get my first toot of the horn ... do I still need this buzzme?
    03-16-09 01:34 PM
    That's certainly weird. I just tested it on my phone and it rings immediately after the caller hears the first ring.

My phone has OS .103. My wife's has OS .75 and doesn't have this issue, either.

Yes; I suggest you bring it to Verizon store and have them reproduce the issue and tell you your options.

*Buzzme won't help in this case.
    03-16-09 01:46 PM
    i have noticed the same thing. I unfortunatly dont have an answer.
    03-16-09 01:47 PM
    Shot in the dark, but does your ringtone start off with 3-4 seconds of silence? I had a ringtone once that I had to replace because the first few seconds were totally inaudible string of low notes. Unless you were staring at the phone, you couldn't hear it ring until the caller was 4-5 rings into the call.
    03-16-09 02:23 PM
    Some people here said if you call Verizon and harass them enough, they can lengthen the amount of time before it goes to voicemail on a line by line basis. That said, the other person will still get that number of rings before you hear it... but it won't have gone to voicemail before you get to it. People here got Verizon to do that with success.
    03-16-09 02:24 PM
    That is normal...the call is going through network hubs and towers...takes a moment

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 02:30 PM
    Mine does the same thing too!

Those on the other end are always asking why it takes so long for me to answer my phone.

I also have to press the answer button at least twice before it picks up.

Running .75
    Last edited by dnelson17; 03-16-09 at 03:20 PM.
    03-16-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD