Anyone who camps outside for any item, be it concert tickets, electronics, puggles...should be allowed in the location, able to purchase their item and then promptly be shot. Not saying in the vitals or anything, just a good .22 slug in the shoulder to teach them a lesson. The human equivalent to a swat on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. If I learned anything from my youth, it was that standing in line for an item just doesn't work out. Ask Zach Morris, he had to convince his friends to sleep in a display in the sporting goods store for gods sake.
    11-16-08 02:02 AM
    There is a HUGE line of guys in business suits lined up at one of the VZW stores here in Toledo !!! Tents, kerosene stoves and all.
    11-16-08 07:58 AM
    I want the phone too but s#*t this is kooky any way you cut it.
    11-16-08 08:18 AM
    There is a HUGE line of guys in business suits lined up at one of the VZW stores here in Toledo !!! Tents, kerosene stoves and all.
    Really??? Which store, I definitely want to check that out, lol. I don't understand why they are camping out. I got a phone call from my Perrysburg, OH store the day the date was announced to set up a time for me to come in and get my Storm.

I asked the guy if there was going to be lines and how that would work with me setting up an appt. He assured me that was the reason of the appts. so when I show up, even if there is a line, I get to come in for my appt and receive my Storm in front of everybody else. I really hope this plays out the way he said, or I am going to be pissed. I better call tomorrow to confirm my 10 am time slot.
    Last edited by mattsh33; 11-16-08 at 08:26 AM.
    11-16-08 08:24 AM
    I camped out to get mine, I went home, went to bed in my nice comfy bed and then in the morning walked down to the post box to find i had a package to collect, 5 minutes waiting in line at the post office and i got a storm... best camping ever. ( I did think about putting a tent up on my bed just for authenticity
    11-16-08 08:37 AM
    lol why camp out that early?

show up an hour early the day it opens and be 5th-7th in line behind all the crazies, who gives a damn?

its not like there only gunna get 5 phones to sell
    11-16-08 08:56 AM
    Called both stores out of curiosity (slow day at work) and both said that there never was anyone camping outside. OP got pwn3d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 10:02 AM
    People are camping out six days in advance? Maybe they're just homeless people.

LMAO, I'm sure they are!
    11-16-08 11:47 AM
    WOW are you guys still on this ? and to jasonbourn you can read the first page and then the last. WOW...
    11-16-08 11:51 AM
    Are they burning cover sheets for TPS reports for a campfire?

11-16-08 02:18 PM
    WOW are you guys still on this ? and to jasonbourn you can read the first page and then the last. WOW...
    Lol. Getting a bit irate there sooks? Its all good.

11-16-08 02:40 PM
    Am I the only one who has figured out how to avoid the lines? My Verizon rep is placing my order on Thursday morning and having the Storm (2 actually) overnighted to my house so it arrives on Friday afternoon. Seriously, talk to your reps about options. Not only does this guarantee me 2 Storms, but I also avoid all the lines.
    how is he mailing it on thursday?

please provide the reps name..i want to report this...thanks in advance
    11-16-08 02:51 PM
    Being shipped from the warehouse...not their store. And no, you're not reporting anyone for doing something that is legal, legitimate, and nothing out of the norm.
    11-16-08 02:54 PM
    can anyone else say that their rep will mail it on thursday????
    11-16-08 03:42 PM
    I just skipped from page 1 to 6. This thread is ridiculous. This is a phone. They'll make more. Nobody "needs" it. They just "want" it.
    11-16-08 03:46 PM
    can anyone else say that their rep will mail it on thursday????

I was wondering the same thing. I have an order in with my rep. But I'm not sure if they are in the mail Thursday or Friday.
    11-16-08 04:17 PM
    camping out is a waste, I called my local store and they have one already reserved for me with an apt. lmao
    have fun sleeping outside for 3 days
    11-16-08 04:21 PM
    I just skipped from page 1 to 6. This thread is ridiculous. This is a phone. They'll make more. Nobody "needs" it. They just "want" it.
    All Stores here in California are saying first come first serve and I have a business account and I have to wait just like everyone else and I use my BB's for Business and personal use! YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY ITS JUST A PHONE! I'm currently using the BB 8330 and Verizons 4.5 OS Sucks its still an OS outdated they are using. So YOU NED TO Keep YOUR Mouth Shut!!

11-16-08 04:37 PM
    All Stores here in California are saying first come first serve and I have a business account and I have to wait just like everyone else and I use my BB's for Business and personal use! YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY ITS JUST A PHONE! I'm currently using the BB 8330 and Verizons 4.5 OS Sucks its still an OS outdated they are using. So YOU NED TO Keep YOUR Mouth Shut!!

Don't post before taking your meds.

11-16-08 04:42 PM
    ^Thanks for the tip! I get real mad when people say BB's are just a phone! Verizon should let Business customers have first hands on the phone and make others wait!

11-16-08 04:51 PM

I totally agree with you. It's the I want it before you syndrome. So I'll sit out side a store for 6 dasy in order to acheive this feat. But there are us whom are sane enough to wait until Friday or order it online.
    11-16-08 05:19 PM
    how is he mailing it on thursday?

please provide the reps name..i want to report this...thanks in advance
    Wow...Talk about cockblocking. Who cares. If it's legit it's legit, if not, oh well. It's not like the guy is lying about some guys camping out outside a VZW store or anything....
    11-16-08 08:04 PM
    Had my preview event this morning at 8:00 a.m. There was a guy camped out for tomorrow.

WCK
    11-20-08 03:00 PM
    Wow, if someone is camped out at my location, I'm ordering it via telesales. F that...lol I guess I'll do a quick drive by (hmm) and check it out later tonight.
    11-20-08 03:04 PM
    Arn't these the same Looooooozers who camp out for Backstreet Boys tickets, the new Star Wars DVD and PS3's???

I'll bet if you show up with a hooker and ask them to get out of line in exchange for having a free night with the "Hooker", they would turn it down.

All this for a phone (BB) that will give them the ability to send a message to the looooooozer standing next to them telling them about the next level of Dungeons & Dragons they got to.

Amazing!!!!!!!!
    11-20-08 06:07 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD