Sorry if this has already been posted and sorry for posting it here and in the VZW forum, but I wanted to get the word out and see what you folks think.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2331979,00.asp
    10-09-08 03:30 PM
    OMGOMGOMG!~@~!@~@~!~~!~!

We know. This is good news... finally VZW is learning.
    10-09-08 03:32 PM
    OMGOMGOMG!~@~!@~@~!~~!~!

We know.
    lol... but it was such good news even the 2nd time around that it made me smile... again.
    10-09-08 03:34 PM
    WTF! Nooooooooooooooooo GTFO!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-09-08 03:36 PM
    That is good news but my suspicion is that only the standalone, and not the aGPS, will be unlocked. The aGPS will probably be solely for VZNAV. Either way it's still great news.
    10-09-08 03:37 PM
    yeah, if i can get either blackberry maps or google maps on the BB Storm, i will be quite satisfied, or else i might have to just settle for VZ Nav because im a feature nut and hate missing out on features that my phone or computer or car is capable of.
    10-09-08 03:45 PM
    yeah, if i can get either blackberry maps or google maps on the BB Storm, i will be quite satisfied, or else i might have to just settle for VZ Nav because im a feature nut and hate missing out on features that my phone or computer or car is capable of.
    Same here, I would hate to be forced to purchase VZNav just to use the GPS effectively.
    10-09-08 03:48 PM
    Thats where Verizon succeeds, although some people find VZ Nav to be garbage, i consider it a really good program, just...its a phone....if im trying to navigate and use navigation, i can't imagine having to hold up a phone and drive to tell me where to go
    10-09-08 03:56 PM
    Haven't we known this for ages? I am sure people just keep forgetting!!
    10-09-08 04:20 PM
    That is good news but my suspicion is that only the standalone, and not the aGPS, will be unlocked. The aGPS will probably be solely for VZNAV. Either way it's still great news.
    Almost certainly going to be the case. Why would Verizon want to offer the "a" ("assisted" -- ie, connection to the assistance servers) for free?
    10-09-08 04:56 PM
    I'm stoked on it now from what I understand agps is just more accurate.....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 05:01 PM
    Could this be good news for other Blackberry phones?

Could this be only with new OS's

Do you really think Verizon is changing it's ways?

I am still in shock
    10-09-08 05:03 PM
    Haven't we known this for ages? I am sure people just keep forgetting!!
    Like I said, this may be old news. I just don't ever remember seeing it confirmed - I thought it was all just hope....

Sorry if its old news.
    10-09-08 05:05 PM
    I really like VzNavigator. It is a really well done program...but if the GPS is unlocked, then I'm not paying $10 a month!

Quick question: How does the GPS in Blackberry Maps work?
    10-09-08 05:05 PM
    I really like VzNavigator. It is a really well done program...but if the GPS is unlocked, then I'm not paying $10 a month!

Quick question: How does the GPS in Blackberry Maps work?
    agreed, definatly won't if i don't have to.
    10-09-08 05:07 PM
    YA I'D love to get like garmin gps on the storm
    10-09-08 05:14 PM
    Like I said, this may be old news. I just don't ever remember seeing it confirmed - I thought it was all just hope....

Sorry if its old news.
    it's all good, lets just hope this is the last time and also hope no one questions the fact it's unlocked!
    10-09-08 05:19 PM
    If it is old news its new to me. I can't wait for this to come out!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 05:23 PM
    I think the mentality will be very much like the iPhone, PLUS. I think because Dev's will make Location Based Services App's that VZW can sell and generate revenue we will have that going for us. And if we want GPS Turn-by-Turn, sign up for VZ Navigator.

I think it is a great win win!!!!
    10-09-08 05:39 PM
    Yea unlocked GPS is a great thing.... bb maps and location based services are a coming...
    10-09-08 05:50 PM
    do you think we'll be able to message your location data to other users... cross platform? like to iphone users?
    10-09-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD