Hi,

We have a number of 9500 Storms within our company.

Some of the, what can only be described as 'technically challenged' members of staff would like to carry out web browsing from their laptops when on their travels via their storm.

Vodafone UK say this is possible from the desktop manger software however I can not see how you do it - when I asked them I did not get a reply!

My Nokia for example I can easily use the phone for full PC web over GPRS/3G with a simple click of a button, we would like on occasion to be able to do the same with the Storms.

If anyone can tell me where this option is, or what software is needed to do so, I would be grateful.

thanks!
    02-16-09 04:04 AM
    A guide on the vodafone forum for windows XP:

How Do I Setup A Bb Bold As A Tethered Modem - Vodafone eForum

I couldn't get it to work but plenty of people say it does (I am running vista so I needed to re-interpret a few steps and may have got it a bit wrong.)
    02-16-09 05:20 AM
    Nice, thanks!
    02-16-09 05:24 AM
    Hmmm in Vista I only have the option of 115200 thats the max speed on the standard modem.

That would be painful slow and I want to know how to max it out on GPRS/3G
    02-16-09 05:32 AM
    On VZW you have to download VZ access manager and pay a monthly fee(imagine that) to use your phone as a modem. I tried the 1st time last week with the storm and it worked pretty good. I had the feature on my Curve as well and it worked really well.

I was in a hotel and my signal strength was not that great, but it still worked well.
    02-16-09 06:24 AM
    Hmmm according to some sources it doesnt matter what it is set to in any case.

I have tried it and it works at least, it is only for using for a bit of email.
    02-16-09 06:27 AM
    I called VZW because I wanted to set this up on my laptop for travel, $30 a month. $30 a month to tether with a 5GB limit, then a .25 per 1MB charge thereafter.

uh... no thanks.

When I had WinMo, I tethered all the time, unlimited, for free.

What is the point in paying $30 for "unlimited" blackberry internet just to pay another $30 to tether?

Sheesh... I'll just deal with hotel wireless (that is usually free).
    02-16-09 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD